Hotel Capo D'Orso,Cala Di Volpe, or Romazzino..which to choose

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 22nd, 2004, 07:57 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are trying to decide where to stay during our visit to Sardinia. I have not found much info and wanted to hear any comments. I realize the Hotel Capo D'Orso is less expensive. Has anyone stayed or seen these properties. Also, I cannot find an e-mail for Capo D'Orso. Thanks for any suggestions.
Old May 22nd, 2004, 09:34 AM

When are you going? I haven't stayed at any of them but last year tried to book both Cala di Volpe and Romazzino in January for a July stay. They were both fully booked already so whichever you choose, make your reservations as soon as possible.
Old Jun 6th, 2004, 03:34 PM

I'm going to stay at Capo D'Orso for part of my honeymoon this month. When are you going? I'll let you know how everything went at the hotel when I return.
Old Jun 7th, 2004, 12:44 AM

I checked out Capo Dorso and cala di volpe 2-3 yrs ago. Di Volpe and Romazzino from memory are part of Starwood Luxury Collection and their rack rates were horrendously expensive. Di Volpe's restaurant is very stylish -much trendier than D'Orso. But the area around D'Orso is much prettier for sea swimming. Di Volpe has a very large swimming pool to partly compensate. The people around the outside restaurant at Di Volpe could be typified as over 55 year old guys with tons of money and a fair percentage looking like gangsters of the Russian variety along side very good looking girls of under 30 that were expensive accessories per night or per year. Porto Cervo near Di Volpe (and I think Romazzino) is pretty but perhaps the biggest rip off town in the world. Capo Dorso's nearest town is much much cheaper - not as grand but it feels like a town rather than a big holiday village.
For the money, even if I had it, there is no way I would stay at the Di Volpe and Romazzino at least not at the rates they were asking, whereas I would definitely consider the D'Orso if I were to go back.
Old Jul 3rd, 2004, 07:05 PM

I just returned from my honeymoon and we stayed at Capo D'Orso for part of it. It is in a beautiful area surrounded by trees and gardens so it feels very private and romantic. There is a small beach near the hotel but nothing like the beaches in the south (Villasimius area). You can schedule a day sail through Capo D'Orso for 70 Euro per person or you can go into Palau (about a 10 minute drive) and go on one of the big tour boats that go to the islands for about 30 Euro per person. You should go to the islands for sure. They have beautiful beaches!

The food at Capo D'Orso was great but almost too gourmet for us.
Old Jul 7th, 2004, 04:45 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for the responses. We were unable to get a revervation at C..D'Orso due to their 7 night min. We decided to splurge and stay at Pitrizza for 2 nights. If anyone has other suggestions for must sees in this area of Sardinia I would love to hear them.