Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Hotel Burrhus: Viason la Romaine (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/hotel-burrhus-viason-la-romaine-626677/)

mkdiebold Jun 26th, 2006 06:35 PM

Hotel Burrhus: Viason la Romaine

Has anyone first-hand information on this hotel? Archive search shows only one post and it asked this same question and fielded no response. Can't find anything on tripadvisor either. If you've stayed there, please give comment. Thank you!

mkdiebold Jun 26th, 2006 06:37 PM

Oops...I should have typed Vaison. It's late here in the eastern time zone!

job816 Jun 26th, 2006 06:49 PM

Sorry Mike can't help with Burrhus, but two years ago we stayed at L'Eveche. Very unique place in the heart of the medieval section. Large spacious rooms too. The Tues market in Vaison is wonderful. I loved the town.

http://eveche.free.fr/uk_index.htm

JudyC Jun 26th, 2006 06:51 PM

No experience regarding Hotel Burhus, but if you don't mind other suggestion, I have stayed at Hotel Beffroi for 5 nights, really enhoyed it.

mkdiebold Jun 26th, 2006 07:41 PM

Thanks for your suggestions. job816: I checked your link. Looks great but a little too expensive for my wallet. The same with Hotel Beffroi. The reason we're looking into Hotel Burrhus is because of their rates.
By the way job816, I'm not Mike, although my husband is. My name is Kathy... the "k" in mk. Believe me, I take no offense by the mistake!

macanimals Jun 26th, 2006 09:39 PM

We stayed at the Hotel Burrhus in May of this year for four nights. On two separate occasions, I've attempted to book the Hotel Beffroi (way in advance) and been closed out. The Burrhus was fine--not at all spectacular but a good value and the room was spacious, clean and everything worked. My only concern related to the fact that it literally overlooks a central town square and several restaurant/cafes which can be a bit noisy--we didn't have a serious problem however.
The hotel is extremely convenient to the village market on Tuesday and we were able to stash perishables in our room as we acquired them--picnic supplies and such. The hotel has a nice terrace used for breakfast which we were able to use for evening picnics as well. All in all, the staff were very accomodating and helpful and it appeared to me that both tourists and businessmen frequented the place.
Vaison la Romaine was a great destination with good access to the wine villages nearby and the Drome. We enjoyed our visit and are likely to return to the area. Hope this helps--Paul

mkdiebold Jun 27th, 2006 08:19 AM

Thanks macanimals, for the info on Hotel Burrhus. I'm waiting to hear back from Domaine Le Puy de Maupas on what they meant by "chambre composée d'un lit double 140 X 190 avec salle de bain dans la chambre." I'm afraid that means a smallish double bed. My dear husband is rather tall and tends to sleep diagonally in a small bed. I don't want to sleep on the floor for 4 nights! Why don't you post your info on Burrhus on tripadvisor? It sounds like a great place for the money. Thanks again!

macanimals Jun 27th, 2006 11:12 AM

Kathy-
"Why don't you post your info on Burrhus on tripadvisor?"
I offered a reply to your specific request and you respond with this query--why? I really don't feel the need to fill every corporate message board with info but don't mind helping specific requests. I find your response odd but I stand by the description of Hotel Burrhus and hope it helps. Cheers

mkdiebold Jun 27th, 2006 01:09 PM

I'm afraid you misunderstood my intention. I certainly wasn't accusing you of being stingy with your experience/info, etc. I meant it as a compliment...the info is good and helpful and others might really appreciate knowing of your experience. I find it interesting that when we communicate via this form only, our words can be very inadequate. Jestures, tone of voice, context within a greater conversation all help in being understood. Again, sorry if you took offense. None was intended.

job816 Jun 27th, 2006 07:41 PM

Sorry Kathy - just automatically saw Mike (in my head) when I posted. Funny that you husband is Mike though. Us late night fodorites should go to bed earlier :-)