Hotel Brise-Marine in St Jean Cap Ferrat

Old Aug 27th, 2004, 12:16 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel Brise-Marine in St Jean Cap Ferrat

As I go back through the posts for this hotel they aren't recent. Has anyone stayed there lately? Someone on trip advisor said they cancelled and left because the rooms smelled. We would only be staying one night and would hopefully be out walking and eating, etc. Clair Logis looked nice but is 15 min walk from the beach.
Old Aug 27th, 2004, 02:32 PM

I have some friends who have stayed at both. I know that they like one over the other but I forget which is which. I'll ask them tonight and post back.

I do know that they were robbed in the middle of the night at one of them. The thief climbed the terrace and entered through the open window. He took their wallets with their passports from the night table right next to where they were sleeping and they never woke up.
Old Aug 27th, 2004, 03:25 PM
Original Poster

Holy Moly! I don't dare tell my husband that. However, in Hawaii they tell condo renters to lock the doors to their lanais even on the 2nd floor. I'm a very light sleeper; thief could be sorry!
Old Aug 28th, 2004, 07:17 AM

OK, I talked to my friends and they said the Brise-Marine is their pick. Both were villas converted to hotels and priced about the same, but the C.L. is quite a hike up a hill and has no sea view but a pretty interior garden.
The Brise Marine is better located, short walk to restaurants & shops, and has a nice view of the bay. This is where they were robbed but they still keep going back. They just lock the patio door now.

Hope this helps.
Old Aug 28th, 2004, 08:58 AM
Original Poster

Thank you. I know my husband would rather be near the water. I just got an e-mail back from the Brise Marine -- all in French. I'm still attempting to learn French and my dictionary was no help, but I think they were saying they wouldn't have 2005 room rates until Jan or Feb. I thought someone here said I would need to book by fall for next year. Do you know how far ahead your friends book?
Old Aug 28th, 2004, 11:52 AM

That is odd. I know they book their trips 3 to 6 months out.
If you like, you can forward the email to me and I'll give it a whirl.
[email protected]