hotel/apt for 3 females in Paris?

Jan 21st, 2007, 06:38 PM
Original Poster

hotel/apt for 3 females in Paris?

Hello,
Three of us girls are heading to Paris for our first time to celebrate a 40th bday. Wondering if we should try an apt or stick with hotel? Any suggestions where to stay? I have been advised to stay in St Germain. Looking for something in cool area with lots of cafes, restaurants, wine bars, etc. Don't want to stay anywhere overdone or too "commercialized". oh, we are going March 20-30, probably stay in Paris for 5-6 days. Thanks for any help!
Jan 21st, 2007, 07:03 PM

Hi

Plenty of choices. Most important - please state your budget (in euro) per night. See - http://www.lodgis.com or www.vrbo.com or http://www.cbel.com/france_paris.
Jan 21st, 2007, 07:57 PM
Original Poster

We haven't set a limit yet, but would like to stay reasonable...perhaps 180 or less.
Jan 21st, 2007, 11:57 PM

Hi again

I just noticed you're a newbie in this forum. A warm welcome. While you're waiting for replies to your post try using the search facility in this forum. Quite a bit written on Paris accommodation. Don't forget to post a trip report (including a review of accommodation) when you return. We'd luv to read it.
Jan 22nd, 2007, 02:07 AM

We stay in apartments when we travel to Paris. They are almost always cheaper and nicer. I have rented 4 different apartments from 4 different people/agencies. In May we will be heading back for 3 nights and will again stay in an apartment. We will be using www.vacationinparis.com They are very convenient to use as they are based in NJ and allow credit cards with rates in dollars. They also send you the keys before you leave. We have also used www.rentparis.com (with good results). They are based in Paris and the payment was more complicated in euros and balance in cash, no credit cards. Finally we rented an apartment on rue Mornay, which I think would be too small for 3, but it had a very nice view looking over the Canal St. Martin near the basin (Arsenal). This apartment was rented thru an american living in Vermont and was done in cash before we left. Good luck. Oh yes, we stay in the marais. In our opinion the best place to stay in Paris.
Jan 22nd, 2007, 04:26 AM

We had good experiences with a triple room for three women (3 single beds) at the Hotel Bonaparte in the St. Germain area and Hotel St. Louis Marais in the Marais area (click on my name and read my trip report for more details). Hotel Bonaparte is smack dab in the middle of a "cool" area while St. Louis Marais is on a relatively quiet street w/ easy access to cafes, restaurants, etc.
Jan 22nd, 2007, 12:45 PM
ira

Hi S,

We always stay at the Hotel Bonaparte, 61 Rue Bonaparte in the 6th. From 124E dbl w/bkfst. It is located near 3 metro stops. Has AC and an elevator.

They have triple rooms.

Tel 33 1 43 26 97 37
FAX 33 1 46 33 57 67
www.hotelbonaparte.fr

For more info, enter "Hotel Bonaparte" in the "search this forum" box.

Photos are at http://tinyurl.com/ludgd

Feb 1st, 2007, 07:54 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for all of your help. It came down to Hotel Bonaparte and St. Jacques. We ended up going w/ St. Jacques, but it was a tough call. We will check out the Bonaparte while we are there as well.