Hotel / Apartments Cascais

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22nd, 2007, 11:43 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Could anyone recommend a hotel or holiday apartment in Cascais (near Lisbon)? The Albatroz has been commended on this website but I'm not sure we want to stretch the budget quite that far.

We are a couple in our 30s with a small baby. Our ideal would be a hotel / apartment in Cascais or within easy walking distance of Cascais (perhaps half way between Cascais and Estoril, for variety). A prerequisite is a pool. We would also like to stay somewhere fairly quiet as we are light sleepers.

Ideally we would like to stay in somewhere that has holiday apartments / maisonettes around the pool so that baby could play on a veranda while we sit by the pool. (I might be in dreamland here, but work with me!). It would be ideal if our room was near the pool so we could make a quick exit from the pool area if baby gets cranky.

I know we are unlikely to get the ideal, so all ideas much appreciated.

Thanks

Jane
Old Jul 23rd, 2007, 11:27 AM
Original Poster

ttt
Old Jul 23rd, 2007, 01:16 PM

The Hotel Cidadela is where we stayed in Cascais in 1998 and it sounds like what you are looking for. It is a Best Western property. We had a 3 bedroom apt which had a full kitchen. They do have 1 bedroom apts as well, and those have direct access out to the gardens/pool area. The pool was nice and there were plenty of lounge chairs. The staff were extremely helpful and went out of their way several times for us. There were 2 grocery stores very close by, which was nice as we were also traveling with our children. The website is www.hotelcidadela.com.
Old Jul 24th, 2007, 04:51 AM
Original Poster

Many thanks mms. That does look like it fits the bill. The 1 bed apartment looks great and has direct pool access.

Thanks a million
Jane
Old Jul 24th, 2007, 06:27 AM

We stayed in Club de Lago Apartments in Monte Estoril which is between Estoril and Cascais, as we couldn't get any accommodation in Cascais in July. The apartments were huge with separate bedrooms, sitting room,kitchenette,balcony and bathroom. They were really reasonable priced with buffet breakfast included. They have a pool and health spa. Estoril and Cascais are about a 15 min walk along a lovely promenade and about €4 taxi ride. We ate in Estoril or Cascais at night. In Cascais itself the Baia Hotel is in a great location right in the center of Cascais by the marina but it has no outdoor pool. The water is freezing at the beach so wouldn't recommend swimming there.
Old Jul 24th, 2007, 08:52 AM
Original Poster

Thanks very much youngblueeyes. That sounds like a great location (I had seen reviews on Tripadvisor that are pretty good).

At the risk of being labelled a blatant sunworshipper can I ask does the pool get good sun? (there's only one tripadvisor photo and the pool seems to be in shade, but it could have been taken in the evening).

Tripadvisor reviews also mention a hill (that'll be the monte in mote estoril, I assume) - we are young and energetic (or like to think so anyway!) but will be pushing a buggy around the place. Is it a big hill, do you think we will be OK or would we end up struggling up the hill at 11pm every night?

Thanks again for the helpful info

Jane