Reload this Page >

Hotel Albana - Weggis

Search

Hotel Albana - Weggis

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12th, 2002, 06:10 AM
Carole

Hotel Albana - Weggis

Hi,<BR>Has anyone stayed in the Ambiance category ($150 per night) of rooms at the Hotel Albana? Hotel Albana also offers a Weekend Offer which includes the Classic room with a welcome drink, 4-course dinner and buffet breakfast at the rate of $217 per night. I am not sure about the price of meals in Switzerland (our first visit). Is this truly a deal? Any info you can give me would be appreciated.<BR><BR>Rex: Now they are saying they have availability. Should I go for it? Thanks!<BR>Carole

Old Mar 12th, 2002, 04:32 PM
Rex

Assuming that means $217 per cpuple - - i.e., dinner for two at $67 - - then I'd say book it. You won't be disappointed.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Mar 12th, 2002, 11:51 PM
Ursula

Carole: I don't know the Albana personally, but from what it says at the web site, I'd go for that special weekend offer.<BR>The 4-course dinner is at CH 54.- with choice of the main course. I am sure it's a deal. A lot of places in Switzerland have these kind of special weekend offers to fill the hotel. The Albana seems to host quite a lot of conventions during the week and it's just a way to attract people to book for weekends. The place looks absolutely superbe with its fin-de-siecle Mirror Room.

Old Mar 13th, 2002, 03:17 PM
Carole

Hi Ursula and Rex, Thanks for your suggestions but I made a reservation at the Albergo Olivedo. I know you both were recommending Hotel Albana but I think Olivedo fits the bill for my husband and myself. I will be sure to let you know how we made out. I just hope it's not a mistake. Thanks again.

Old Mar 13th, 2002, 03:44 PM
Rex

Heck, I'm glad you had choices to make. Where one good quality hotel exists, others have a higher bar to cross to keep up with them. Hope you'll come back here and report. This forum wouldn't be worth a hoot if people didn't uncover great new places.<BR>