Hotel Aiguablava or Parador AB Spain ?

Old Jul 2nd, 2015, 08:52 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel Aiguablava or Parador AB Spain ?

Hello all,
I will be Honeymooning in Girona in August and have 2 nights to spend at either Hotel AB or Parador AB. We are booked for the Hotel AB but worry that we heard that some of the rooms with the most impressive views are saved for repeat customers. We are coming from The U.S. and I fear may not see the Mediterranean for another decade, at best! So, the view situation has become a bit obsessive, er important. We have the option of booking a superior double on the 2nd fl of the Parador, facing the open sea, not the bay. Does anyone have an opinion in which situation is better? We're a bit concerned about the added price for parking, but this is our 2 night splurge so we want to get it right. Looking for maybe a sunset or two, some nice cliffs to look at and enjoyable terrace (both our options have this). Any advice? I don't want to keep both hotels hanging, thanks!
Old Jul 2nd, 2015, 09:39 AM

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts
We stayed at the Parador Aiguablava for several nights. It is on a small peninsula with amazing water views on both sides. One side has calmer water and the other side rougher waves crashing into a cove. We had a nice balcony view of the calmer side. You will getbyour views!
We walked to a small beach on the north side too. There was a small cafe and good swimming. We had been on the road for six weeks,starting in Lisbon, and this was the perfect place to relax. The food in the dining room was good too.
I know nothing about the other hotel. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!
Old Jul 2nd, 2015, 10:00 AM

I'd go with the Parador, upper floor rooms are best. We've stayed there three time the last 5 years and will always return, if you join the Amigos club you get free parking, when available, and a welcoming drink.
Old Jul 2nd, 2015, 10:11 AM
Original Poster

Thank you both. Any more opinions? Is the "open sea" view as nice as the cove view?
Old Jul 2nd, 2015, 10:13 AM
Original Poster

Over here in eastern US we don't have much in the way of rocky cliffsides, so I'm trying to find more dramatic than my usual flat ocean experiences by NYC!
Old Jul 2nd, 2015, 10:33 AM

We stayed at the Aiguablava Parador 2 months ago for the 2nd time. We just requested a great view of the orange rocks. I think they must have given us the best room in the house which was Room 208. It was fantastic! It was on the ocean side. We didn't pay for parking but we are Amigos members. We just paid for the standard room. We like it so much we plan to go back again.
Be sure you reserve it through www.parador.es and not a third party.
Old Jul 2nd, 2015, 10:37 AM

Spent 6 days at Hotel Aquiblava about 5 years ago, very nice. It was a family vacation, we had 6 people in 2 large, clean and very comfortable adjoining apartments. The area was beautiful, the hotel was very nice and the staff couldn't have been friendlier.

The pool and beach at the hotel are gorgeous, but the area is a bit isolated ... had to drive 15 - 20 minutes to get to a town with any selection of restaurants.
Old Jul 5th, 2015, 07:39 PM
Original Poster

Thank you all.
We still can't decide-the sea view rooms are the only ones we can get at Parador AB, and I was looking forward to looking at AB bay-I hear it is one of the most beautiful in the area! Although I guess you can beat the 150 ft. views-much higher than the serene looking Hotel AG on the bay.
Old Jul 6th, 2015, 11:44 AM

The sea view rooms at the Parador have always worked for me. You have the sunrise and can watch the ships passing in the distance at night with a glass of wine from your balcony.

You can can always see the bay side from the dinning room, or take a walk down to the beach below the Parador.
Old Jul 12th, 2015, 07:20 PM
Original Poster

Thanks! I booked a room at the Hotel AB, just because they were exceedingly nice and reassured me they'd save a nice room overlooking the bay for us. Hope the views are comparable! I still have the premium sea view room at Parador booked so I'll need to cancel. So Wish there was enough room to divide and conquer!