Hot Air Balloon Rides in Cappadocia

Old May 27th, 2003, 04:23 PM
M_J
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hot Air Balloon Rides in Cappadocia

Has anyone taken a hot air balloon ride in
Cappadocia? How did you like it? If you did it again, would you do anything different?
Any specific recommendations?
Thanks
Old May 27th, 2003, 05:38 PM

Dear M_J,

You would love it. 2 Years ago I took one of the baloon trip. There are 2 companies in Capadocia so I just give you advice the one I had.
Here is the web page of them

www.kapadokyaballoons.com/ (I used)

and another is

www.goremebalooons.com

They have own route but according the wind they might change their route.

Go to their web page and if you want you can contact them get more informations

Have a nice flight in Capadocia

Sinan Akdeniz
[email protected]
Old Jun 6th, 2003, 11:37 AM

Hi M-J and Sinan,
As living in Cappadocia let me update you, now there are 3 companies ballooning here. I also used many times the Kapadokyaballoons, they are good friends to me as well. They offer two different type of flights, 50 min and 1,5 hours. Ofcourse different prices. Flights and with champagne breakfast on longer version and the other one with beer since the sponsor is a beer company. Both flights are fantastic. Since each flight takes you to different locations I would recommend to do it more than once.

After balloon trip, why not a horse back riding along the red river ?

M_J,I will be pleased to help further if you need...
Old Jul 8th, 2003, 09:15 AM

Dear MJ,

Greetings from Cappadocia

Hot air balloon can be one of the best experience in Cappadocia for a lifetime. It does fly over the fairy chimneys, get closer to the trees and you touch to the leaves of them. It is fabulous. There are four companies for the ballooning in Cappadocia. They have got different price policy and different kind of services. I am a professional tourist guide in Cappadocia and I can help you if you like to arrange balloon flight and some tours around here.

Please never hesitate for your questions.

Regards,
Sam I am
Old Jul 8th, 2003, 12:49 PM

http://www.virtualtourist.com/m/tt/18295/#TL

check out my observations, Balloon I could do once every week...
Old Jul 11th, 2003, 11:32 AM

We did not go because of the cost (2 years ago). We are cheap.

But our friends just came back from Turkey, and on the day of their 25th wedding anniversary, they took the balloon trip over Cappadocia, and they said that it was the highlight of their trip!
Old Sep 7th, 2003, 05:50 AM

What is the price fo a balloon ride?
Old Sep 8th, 2003, 06:18 AM

Hi Jimar,

Last year I had a boloon trip with KAPADOKYABALOONS and they charged me 250 Millions around $150 (Last year curency was 1.750.000 TL)(this year is 1.400.000 TL) BUT GO AND HAVE FUN. Worth every cent.

Sinan Akdeniz
[email protected]
Old Jan 5th, 2004, 08:04 AM

Hi Antonio;

I can aggree with you regarding :
...they are fine but.... part,

They are the best... check it out the experince and skills also you can write their names and search on internet what the hot air ballooning world says about their experience....

I am surprised about their unfriendliness...this is a relative thought....can not be spoken generally... especially if you are a guide... thats even more important.

I truly appreciate your choice of the company. However have you ever tried to fly Kapadokya Balloons Luxuary Fligts which recommended by almost 25 guide books including italian ones....!

They use the most up to date equipment, they care about customer satisfaction, they are very sensable when the flight safety is an issue... ( I have vitnessed one morning cancelling flight due to bad wind when there were 54 people to fly with 3 of their balloons. Never thought a second how much money they were gone loose)
and they have 25 years of international experience.... They were the first ones to bring Hot Air ballooning to Cappadocia.

They give hat and t-shirt on sponsored balloon flights too. But to me most important than a hat is an enjoyable flight in secure environment.

Just wanted to share my knowledge on the point....
Nothing bad to talk about anyone else...

Wishing everyone a wonderful 2004

Old Jan 5th, 2004, 08:35 AM

We booked direct way in advance with Kapadokya Balloons. The entire experience couldn't have been better. It was far better and more friendly that our experiences have been in Napa Valley and in Albequerque.

Othere people at our hotel, Evi Esbelli were disappointed because all the companies were fully booked. We were glad we had booked ahead.
Old Jan 5th, 2004, 09:43 AM

We did a balloon trip with Kapadokya Balloons in October 2000 and I cannot say enough good things about them. They were courteous, friendly, and skilled. The ride was worth every penny and was definitely a highlight of our three-month trip!
Old Jan 5th, 2004, 11:54 AM

Hi Italian GUIDE,

As an Turkish tour guide I would like to INVITE you to our WORLD GUIDE GROUP
in Yahoo. If you intferested in go to the url below:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/touristguides

I hope to see you there

Sinan Akdeniz
Old Jan 7th, 2004, 05:46 AM

I'm really interested in this last post by "Italian guide". First of all I'm curious who "Italian Guide" is, as he/she writes with a "Turkish Accent" (no problem with that, it just seems to make his/her name kind of interesting) and has posted on Fodors exactly twice, both times just to rave about Goreme Balloons. Is Italian Guide someone who is in Italy and does tours from Italy to Turkey? Just curious.

But to say his "clients" weren't happy with the flight with Kapodokya Balloons because they didn't see much, really makes me want to laugh. There is no doubt that both companies do the same thing, covering the same exact territory, so it is kind of hard to understand what his clients didn't see.

Also it's now been three years since my flight with Kapadokya Balloons, but we were served a wonderful buffet breakfast and lots of champagne and wine afterwards.
Old Jan 7th, 2004, 07:04 AM

Sorry, I didn't mean to offend, but yes I am fairly skilled linquistically and your style of writing in English seemed to be identical to those of Turkish writers and not like those of Italians. I mean no offense, I was just curious. So was I right? Are you a guide taking Italian guides to Turkey?

Perhaps there was a wind problem one day if any balloon company only took its passengers over wheat fields and vineyards. Of course the whole idea is taking people over the "fairy chimneys" and that is what they NORMALLY do. If they didn't one day there had to be a very good reason.

You are right to say "personal experience does not reflect the general". I do KNOW that the general custom is for them to take people primarily over the caves and fairy chimneys. So it is wrong of you to suggest that because your people didn't experience that, such a tour is their GENERAL.
Old Jan 7th, 2004, 07:26 AM

Hi Italian Guide and PatricK

First I have to thank to PATRICK about her idea versus Italian Guide, This show us you can not make every each tourist HAPPY even if you give everthing you have.

I have been using goreme balloons since the first time they fly over CAPPADOCIA. They are the first BALOON company in Cappadocia and they are the TEACHER OF KAPADOKYA BALOON. This is not means that Kapadokya Baloon is not doing their job well.

Giving more meals to tourist is not meaning that they have better service then other, they have only one CAPPADOCIA and they fly the same route.

BUT EXPERIENCE is more inportant then food or where you depart or land.

I love BOTH company and they have different way to serve their services and eveybody in the world have different taste

Wonderfull time over CAPPADOCIA because it is worth every peny, cent or any smallest money you use in your country

Sinan Akdeniz
Old Feb 23rd, 2004, 06:34 AM

Hi fodors.com friends

this morning I got e-mail from CAPPADOCIA BALOON company. here what LARS who is owner of company says:

wrong info you
have given about my
company. Kapadokya Balloons started 1991 and was licensed 1993 as the first
comercial balloon-
company in Türkiye authorized to take paying passengers.
Before Kapadokya Balloons were operating in Türkiye the owners/pilots had
more than 10 years
passenger flying in other countries.
According to Goreme Balloons license for transport of passengers, it was
delivered in the end of
year 2001 by the Ministry of Transport.
Sorry to correct you in this matter, but let's be fair about experience and
all that
Kind Regards
Lars

Kapadokya Balloons
50180 Goreme, Nevsehir
Türkiye
www.kapadokyaballoons.com
e-mail: [email protected]

YES he is right They are the FIRST BALOON COMPANY in Cappadocia and they are THE TEACHER OF GOREME BALOON.

I was wrong or put GOREME instead of CAPADOCIA.

Sorry for MISLEADING or GIVEN YOU WRONG INFORMATION

Sinan Akdeniz
Old Feb 26th, 2004, 04:30 AM

I highly recommend The Balloon trip.
But you have to wake up early.
And the weather has to be clear and not windy.
It really depends of the time of the year.
And the rate varries between 125 to 220 USd. Depending to firm or duration.
regards

Nejat incedogan
[email protected]