Reload this Page >

Hot Air balloon in Amboise

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10th, 2001, 10:33 AM
aimee

My husband and I are interested in taking a tour of the Loire Valley via hot air balloon when we're in Amboise this September. Does anyone have any information regarding price, duration and who to contact to arrange this? Also, any personal experiences? <BR>

Old Jun 10th, 2001, 11:19 AM
Andy

Go to a sight called BuddyBombards--he has a company in the Loire Valley and started the Hot air ballooning there many years ago--very reliable--Also your hotel or chateau can arrange the same service for you. It is quite exp- <BR>over $150 USD pp

Old Jun 10th, 2001, 11:33 AM
Andy

Aimee- just found the site on the web: <BR>www.BombardSociety.com---------Buddy Bombard has been doing this since 1977-very reliable...

Old Jun 10th, 2001, 11:57 AM
debbie

I've got one better- France Mongtolfiere Hot Air Balloon where Jane Adamson is Cheif Pilot; we dealt with her. She is British and lovely to deal with. Checked out Buddy's also but glad we went with France Mongolfiere. <BR> <BR>Jane could not sail when we were close to her (she is VERY astute about weather conditions and will not fly if winds may pick up etc.)as weather was not cooperating. Next day we were 1/2 hour away and she sent a taxi to pick us up at 6:00 am so we could sail by 7:00. She had taxi return us also. She has the M-Benz of equipment, made in UK in a town that has traditionally made balloon equipment. Her baskets were very strong and it was a memorable site to see the fires roaring and how all is set up for our flights over chateaus. Her take off and landing were supurb. She has various locations in Loire and other parts of France. She answered all of our curious queries and when in floating she said all in English for my husband and me as rest of the 6 or so in our basket were French speaking. Boy, the chateaus took like toys from the air!!!!! <BR> <BR>Conatact Jane Adamson at: [email protected]

Old Jun 10th, 2001, 11:58 AM
debbie

AIMEE- forgot to give you their website: <BR>franceballoons.com <BR> <BR>This balloon trip was the salient point, along with our barge trip, out of our whole French vacation.

Old Jun 10th, 2001, 12:38 PM

Old Jun 10th, 2001, 12:49 PM
aimee

Thanks Andy & Debbie! I really appreciate the advice.