Hostels Nightmare in Vienna/Prague

Apr 6th, 2001, 12:37 AM
Cozaar

Hostels Nightmare in Vienna/Prague

l'm deciding between these 2 hostels in Vienna.
1)Hostel Zoehrer-seems nearer to city centre
2)JUGENDHERBERGE WIEN -
MYRTHENGASSE / NEUSTIFTGASSE(HI)-cleaner?
l'm looking for a quiet and clean one to fully recuperate
and NOT a party hostel.
Anyone has experience staying in these hostels please
share your views,do both have private lockers in the room to lock up our luggage?
Also,is the Travellers Hostel (Dlouha 33 branch in Prague)
and the one in Cesky Krumlov a good choice,is it clean and quiet,comes with lockers?
Thanx and have a nice day

Apr 6th, 2001, 09:48 AM
Gwin

I stayed in the HI in Vienna you mentioned and was not impressed. In fact, I had planned to stay there for three nights but checked out after one. I don't know anything about Hostel Zoehrer, but I can recommend a place called Hotel Lauria (aka "the Panda") which is a really nice, clean, quiet hostel a few blocks from the HI. It's walking distance from the city center and is very affordable. The travellers Hostel in Prague is supposed to be nice, but book in advance. As for Cesky Krumlov (my favorite place in Europe, by the way), the Travellers there is fine, but I recommend the Hostel Krumlov House and Hostel U Vodnika. Both are owned by the same couple and provide kitchen access. The Krumlov House is very rustic looking (on the inside), and very comfortable-- it's quite utopian. One of my favorite hostels from my trip. It doesn't have lockers, but if you have a lock on your backpack you should be fine. No one who travels that far wants to pick up anything additional! A word of warning: it's really hard to leave Cesky Krumlov, because it's so much fun! Spend as much time there as you can. Have a great time!

Search this Thread