Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Hostel or B&B near Liverpool Street Station

Feb 24th, 2006, 09:11 AM
Original Poster

I plan stay near Liverpool Street station,could anyone suggest one hostel for me?
Because I want to take stansted express in Liverpool street,is this station same as Tube ?
Feb 24th, 2006, 09:14 AM

there doesn't seem to be any accommodations in this area - at least budget as it's in The City- the financial area full of banks and offices. Kings Cross is not far away and it has a ton of cheap B&Bs and some hostels - along with Earls Court the cheapest accommodations in town - and you may get what you pay for!
Feb 24th, 2006, 09:33 AM

this area doesn't have alot of cheap accom.

You could try the travel lodge which is just literally a few minutes walk from Liverpool St Station. The travel-lodge chain have super-saver rooms for £10 & £26. You can search the day you need and see if you can pick yourself up a cheap room there.

https://www.travelodge.co.uk/saver_search/

Kings Cross is far closer to Liverpool Street station than Earl's Court. Both areas have ample "cheap" accom so it would be more convenient to find something in King Cross. But a good deal of accom in these area is just dire. Be warned!

Liverpool Street Station is both the tube and overland (including the standsted express)train station...
Feb 24th, 2006, 10:50 AM

The YHA City of London hostel might be the closest.
Feb 24th, 2006, 10:51 AM

Sounds like the TravelLodge SuperSaver would be much cheaper than even the hostel.
Feb 24th, 2006, 02:15 PM

You don't have to stay at Liverpool Street or anywhere near it. You can get there from anyplace in London easily by bus or tube. I would not personally stay there - you can pick any neighborhood. If you stay somewhere along the Central line you wouldn't even have to change lines. Places like Holborn, Tottenham Court Rd, Lancaster Gate, Queensway would all be better neighborhoods and be easily accessible to Liverpool Street station.

And no, the Stansted Express is not the tube - it is a regular train.
Feb 24th, 2006, 03:32 PM

Liverpool Street train station & Liverpool Street Tube are in the same place