Hostals versus Hotels.

Jul 12th, 2006, 04:09 AM
Original Poster

Hostals versus Hotels.

Hi, I recently recommended in another post the Hostal Santo Tome in Toledo because I liked everything about it, the quality of the rooms, the cleaness, everything was so good, that the savings were really worthwhile.
During another trip I venture one night in another Hostal hoping to get the tremendous same buy. It was a highly recommended hostal in Cordoba, called El Triunfo. Location was excellent facing the MEzquita, and we were lucky to get a room facing it, the MEzquita was almost at hand reach from our window. But I was disapointed because the room was not nice, I cannot point out anything in particular but it was not the same nice feeling I had had in my other previous hostal experience.
My question is have you stayed in hostals ( or equivalents in other countries in Europe) that you really liked?
Jul 12th, 2006, 04:46 AM

Hostals are not hostels in Spain. Hostals are usually small pensione, family-owned and can range from very nice to basic. Hostels are the more familiar youth hostels - very basic with dorm type rooms.
Jul 12th, 2006, 10:05 AM
Original Poster

I agree and my question stands, have you been in hotals that you have liked a lot in Spain or similar small properties in other countries?
As I said I have a fifty fifty experience. San TOme in Toledo very nice, the Triunfo in Cordoba not so nice.
Jul 12th, 2006, 01:25 PM

In france you would want a chambre d'hote, in England a bed-and-breakfast.

Search this Thread