Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

hostals in Barcelona which one for a solo female ?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 06:12 AM
REVITAL

Ok I found many lists, and I am still wondering which one I should reserve (for mid september)<BR>my main needs are<BR>a centraly located place<BR>not a party all night kind of<BR>budget - 20-25 euro per night<BR>friendly and clean<BR>single rooms<BR>well...enough, I will be pleased with the names you'll supply<BR>meanwhile I am looking at the names fontanella, pension sants, pension Bahia Jerd' barcelona recidencia, oliva ?<BR>any information you have will be helpful<BR>thank you so much

Old Apr 20th, 2002, 07:08 PM
gaelen

We stayed at the Hotel Opera a couple weeks ago--right off Las Ramblas, but quiet and secure feeling. Spotless granite floored rooms. For a triple it was 70 euros, so I'm not sure what their single price would be. Do not stay at Hotel Penisular. We checked in and right out-found it dirty, noisy, doors with jimmied locks, extremely small rooms and priced higher than what we could get just down the street-our biggest disappointment on our trip since it was recommended here and by the New York Times.

Old Apr 22nd, 2002, 11:14 AM
REVITAL

thanku hope they have singles too.<BR>beeter to here from travelers than newspapers

Old Jul 8th, 2003, 10:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how do I find the hotel opera in barcelona? can't locate a way to contact them. thanks.
Old Jul 8th, 2003, 11:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hcoltman -

You go to google.com and type &quot;hostal opera barcelona&quot; in the search box. You'll get plenty of &quot;hits&quot;, shich will include contact info, such as this one:

http://www.timeout.com/barcelona/accom/2.html

&quot;Hostal Opera

C/Sant Pau 20 (93 318 82 01 / [email protected]). Metro Liceu.
Rates single &euro;31; double &euro;50.
Credit MC, V.

As the name indicates, this pensi&oacute;n is right beside the Liceu opera house, just off the Rambla. All rooms have been renovated recently and enjoy abundant natural light, private bathrooms, central heating and air conditioning; those at the back are the best and quietest. A lounge with satellite TV and internet access has just been added.

Hotel services Air-conditioning. Disabled: adapted rooms (6). Lift. Lounge. Multilingual staff. Safe. Telephone. TV. &quot;