Horseback riding near Paris

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5th, 2004, 08:40 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey all. Hubby and I were just discussing our spring trip to Paris and he informed me that he would like to find a day trip to go horseback riding. I have looked about some and can't seem to find anything on this that points me in the right direction. Does anybody know of a place where we could rent horses for an afternoon and ride a bit? I considered Chantilly but havn't been able to find a public stable? I did see a post that we could take a hot air balloon ride in Chantilly, something I have always wanted to do, but I couldn't find any specific information on that either. If anyone knows of a stable in Chantilly or another surrounding area where we could rent a horse I would greatly appreciate your response. Thank you. Jackie
Old Sep 5th, 2004, 09:04 AM

Found some info on this old thread

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...mp;tid=1247270

Also noticed on this site

http://hotel.undercovertourist.com/f...genne.html#att

about the Chateau De Montvillargenne which is a grand country hotel near Chantilly, they mention stables nearby. Perhaps contacting this Chateau as if interested in staying there (I've read here it's great!) would get some more info.
Old Sep 5th, 2004, 09:12 AM

Sorry I don;t have specific info - but we have toured the area near Chantilly - and there are a lot of stables, trails etc - but I believe these are all racing stables - naturally no public rental of horses.

I think you might do better in another area aimed at tourism. When we stayed in the Loire a couple of years ago the owners of the chateau offered to provide info for riding in the area (near Chinon). We didn;t do it - so have no more info,

Perhaps check with the French tourist office - or the Loire tourist office.
Old Sep 5th, 2004, 10:03 AM
Original Poster

mclaurie - Thank you for providing the old thread. I don't know why I didn't find it sooner but it has some good suggestions that I will check out.
nytraveler - I have found the same as you in Chantilly, no stables for the public to rent horses. I will check out some of the other areas but really want to keep this to just a day trip as we will only be in Paris for 6 1/2 days.
Any other suggestions out there?
Thank You Jackie
Old Sep 5th, 2004, 02:39 PM
Original Poster

ttt
Old Sep 5th, 2004, 07:35 PM

I think there is riding in the Bois de Boulogne; check with the Paris tourist office. There might also be riding out at St-Cloud.