We're a group of 6 going to Greece the first of October for 18 days. I'm trying to decide how much time should we spend in Athens before heading to Santorini and the Peloponnese area as well as should we tour Athens at the top of the trip or at the end. We don't want to be rushed at the end of the trip...would rather chill out prior to the flight home to Texas, but just not sure how hectic it is in regard to getting around in Athens.
I was curious if the hop on/hop off buses are beneficial in Athens. Does it really help in getting around to familiarize yourself in the city and surrounding areas or is it just as good walking around to see everything? We could also utilize the metrorail during our stay, not sure which is more helpful. From reading, it sounds like the main attractions/sites/museums to see in the center of town are within walking distance.
Some of the places we'd like to visit is the Acropolis, Parthenon, Temple of Zues, Royal Palace, and Temple of Poseidon. I'm sure there are other places to visit, but these are the definite choices for now. If time permits we can add some while we are there.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 समर्थन OUTLOOK 1~800~681:7208 Password Reset contact Tec*h care
- 2 Help with Country House Hotel Christmas 2018
- 3 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 4 Sleep at Heathrow
- 5 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 6 Netherlands, Brussels and possibly Luxembourg
- 7 15 days honeymoon trip to Europe in February end and March
- 8 Cotswold - great food & ambience for lunch!
- 9 2 week May trip with kids
- 10 8 day flexi Swiss pass
- 11 hotel reservations in Switzerland in June?
- 12 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 13 Rail vs. Plane
- 14 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 15 London: Stunning New American Embassy
- 16 Paris November 2017
- 17 Self Drive UK tour
- 18 Where to See Flamenco
- 19 First time in Spain - family of 2 adults & one child(10 yr old)
- 20 Greece -- Alternative to Athens
- 21 Two week Europe itenirary help
- 22 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 23 Airport Transfer
- 24 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 25 5 nights in Spain, need help!