Hop on and off boat trips???

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5th, 2003, 04:20 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have read about the hop on and off boat trips- where you can get off at different points and get back on and continue down?up the river. Would it be good to do one of those and get off at the Tower of London - then continue on to Greenwich? We want to do a boat trip - go to the Tower of London and see Greenwich - so I'm wondering if that would be a good way to combine all three and save time too? Opinions, please. Thanks
Old Mar 5th, 2003, 04:47 AM

Here is a web site that may offer the information you want. I have not the full hop on hop off bit, but have used the boats for trips to Kew Gardens, and it was quite pleasant.<BR><BR>http://www.londontoolkit.com/briefin...r_services.htm
Old Mar 5th, 2003, 05:11 AM

City Cruises (www.citycruises.com) run Westminster-Waterloo-Tower-Greenwich and offer a day ticket (a &quot;River Red Rover&quot at &pound;8.50 which gives a day's unlimited travel on their boats. Catamaran Cruisers (www.catamarancruisers.co.uk) also offer a similar ticket, but City Cruises' is better value.
Old Mar 5th, 2003, 06:18 AM

But the captain on the Catamaran Cruisers gives the most hilarious tour in London! This route is included in the London Pass, one of the features that made it worthwhile for us.
Old Mar 5th, 2003, 07:06 AM

Most of the boats in London have a live commentary by the skipper and they vary a lot. Many of the jokes are passed on from one skipper to another, but some are better at telling them. Each company has several boats and several skippers, and their rosters vary, so you cannot be sure whether you will get a boring guide or a comic genius, whichever company you go with.
Old Mar 5th, 2003, 08:04 AM

LOL, Geoff, i think people realize that i wasn't guaranteeing a specific skipper! I should've said *our* captain, i guess. Is that accurate enough for you?