Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Honfleur apartment recommendation (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/honfleur-apartment-recommendation-620656/)

mkdiebold Jun 3rd, 2006 08:29 PM

Honfleur apartment recommendation

We will be in Honfleur with another couple in mid-September. Our stay is only for two nights. Can anyone recommend a ** apartment? Do they normally rent for such a short stay? Perhaps we are wrong in thinking that an apartment would be more economical than 2 hotel rooms or 2 B&B rooms. Your expertise would be appreciated.

cigalechanta Jun 3rd, 2006 08:36 PM

Not sure but my friend, David_in Paris has a place. I'll look it uo to post here.

cigalechanta Jun 3rd, 2006 08:37 PM

http://www.slowtrav.com/cl/detail.asp?l=1941

mkdiebold Jun 4th, 2006 04:47 PM

Visited the slowtravel site but because I don't read much French, I would never book by guessing. Was hoping someone would have a personal recommendation. Will top in hopes.

cigalechanta Jun 4th, 2006 05:30 PM

??? He is American and it's not in French!!!!

cigalechanta Jun 4th, 2006 05:44 PM

Please forget I mentioned it

Leely Jun 4th, 2006 05:49 PM

Cigalechanta,
I for one am very glad you mentioned it. It looks wonderful and I've bookmarked it! Is there a reason you said to forget it? I don't have a visit to France planned in the next year, but I wouldn't hesitate to rent this place. I'm also quite familiar with Dave in Paris's posts here and appreciate them very much, particularly as I like the 11th.

mkdiebold Jun 4th, 2006 05:51 PM

Please forgive me. Of course the site is in English. "My bad" as my kids say. I was refering to a site I picked up off of a thread that deals with apartments in Honfleur. Sorry for the confusion. Your friend's place sounds very nice. Will definitely consider it. Thank you!

cigalechanta Jun 4th, 2006 05:56 PM

I thought I sensed an attitude problem I guess I misread.
Thanks Leely
Also another Dave there, has a Marais apartment for rent.
It's too bad my thread with all our posters who have places to rent was deleted. What better than to rent from our regular posters who know their areas.
like Sheila, PB, Carlex(sp?)
Dave, St Cirq, coco, and add whomever I feft out :)

mkdiebold Jun 4th, 2006 06:19 PM

Did Fodor's eliminate the thread because they considered it advertising? Do you think that anyone might have it saved in a word file? If so, I could write a new post asking for them to email it to me. I do agree that the site shouldn't be self-serving but at the same time, there ought to be a way we can tap into the expertise of one another, including sharing our homes if need be.

cigalechanta Jun 4th, 2006 06:26 PM

I think a few may have saved it. Not sure. Hopefully one will come forward :)
and send it to me also, at hotmail because I didn't save it thinking it was a group of posters who enrich the forum and it shouldn't be a problem for these long-g-g time before registration posters.

tondalaya Jun 4th, 2006 06:39 PM

Another vote for David's cute place.

mkdiebold Jun 4th, 2006 06:57 PM

How might I best phrase the question? What was the "title" of the thread?

Leely Jun 4th, 2006 07:43 PM

I don't remember the title, but I do think it was zapped. I, too, wouldn't mind finding it again, as I much prefer to rent an apartment or house when I'm able.

cigalechanta Jun 4th, 2006 07:53 PM

The title doesn't matter anymore , once it was been deleted rather than frozen.

mkdiebold Jun 4th, 2006 08:40 PM

Okay. I posted the inquiry. Not sure my question is correctly phrased, but hopefully so. I'm on Eastern time so will check my email in the morning. Stay tuned!

grandmere Jun 5th, 2006 05:16 AM

Last May we stayed at D in P's recommendation, La Cour Ste Catherine, owned by a very helpful and charming couple, the Giaglis. Their B&B website is www.giaglis.com Great value for the $$. I think they have apartments, also.

mkdiebold Jun 5th, 2006 06:09 AM

cigalechanta: Is the thread Lutece mentioned the one you're thinking of?

mkdiebold Jun 5th, 2006 06:29 AM

cigalechanta: contact me at [email protected] and I'll send me whatever info comes my way.