My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon departing NYC May 26th and coming back around June 11th (dates flexible). We are looking to relax, not rush, wander old streets, sit outside and eat amazing food and drink wine and swim and hang out on beaches.
We want to try to stay out of touristy areas as much as possible and get an authentic experience. We want beaches that are not crowded, we want to hang out where the locals are and eat what they eat. We want a romantic, sexy and fun vacation! We are young and want to enjoy Italy and everything it has to offer for young newlyweds.
Here are our thoughts and we are up for completely changing this if anyone has any ideas for itineraries!
-Flying into Rome spending 3 nts there
-Taking train to Florence and spending 2 nights there
-Then we want to head to the country side. I would love to find a place with a pool, on a winery with amazing views of rolling hills, restaurant and bikes to ride around to other wineries. We live in NYC and don't drive much so we are not comfortable renting a car. We need to find a place easily accessible by train/bus.
-Then head to sorrento/ravello or somewhere on the amalfi coast. We want beaches and good food and interesting streets to walk around. I've read positano is "disneyland like".
Please let us know your thoughts.
THANK YOU ALL IN ADVANCE!!!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 समर्थनVERIZON @ Password Reset 1:888:260:2909 VERIZON Tec*h care 24/7
- 2 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 3 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 4 First time in Spain
- 5 Sorrento to Montepulciano- where to rent car?
- 6 Where to leave luggage while touring Amsterdam for 10 hours
- 7 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 8 Luggage lockers in Amsterdam
- 9 Barcelona to Malaga
- 10 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey
- 11 Paris November 2017
- 12 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 13 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 14 Camino de Santiago - tour companies?
- 15 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 16 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 17 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 18 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 19 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 20 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 21 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 22 1 night in Algarve in January?
- 23 A very important question regarding pronunciation
- 24 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 25 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)