I am new to this site, but found through reading other's postings, that it is really helpful!!
My fiancé and I are in the baby stages of planning our honeymoon for next September, and we know we want to go to Italy. It's hard wanting to see everywhere in the world, and having to pick only 1-2 places, but we want to have a beautiful, relaxing trip, and not make ourselves crazy trying to see every site there is.
We think we will have about 8-9 days (get in Sunday, fly out Tuesday), and our current thought is Florence->Rome->Positano, staying 2-3 nights in the first two, and the remaining time in Positano, before flying out of Naples.
We'd love feedback on if a) this is a good plan, or if there are more preferable cities b) where to go and stay. We are very food centric, and really just want to get to know the country and culture, in what limited time we have. We do want to see historic sites, but don't necessarily want to spend every minute in lines- so we'd also love some insider knowledge on things to do and eat off the beaten path. One thing to consider (and something that will be a challenge) is that I have celiac's, so can't eat all of the amazing pasta and bread. Though I hear Europe is much more amenable to gluten free foods than I had thought. So if anyone has additional tips and tricks for gluten free eating, that'd also be so welcome.
Thanks all, I can't wait to read your responses!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AOL Online + 1800/681/7208 Password recovery CONTACT AOL tec*h SUP0RT 24by7
- 2 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 3 Greek Islands, female solo traveller.
- 4 Driving
- 5 Need help with Mykonos vs. Naxos/Paros
- 6 Ferry vs. plane Athens to Santorini
- 7 Highway Death Rates in Europe Now Fewer than in U.S...
- 8 Manchester Christmas Markets 2017
- 9 Change of resident
- 10 How best to see the Douro Valley?
- 11 Sixt Car Rental? Good/Bad? Any reviews/experiences?
- 12 The World's Greatest Churches
- 13 Italy with kids - off the beaten bath
- 14 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 15 Problem with Trip Advisor
- 16 Bilbao, Basque Country, declared Best European City 2018
- 17 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 18 Copenhagen, Stockholm & Bergen April 2018
- 19 Champs E.....no market ‘this year? How will it look?
- 20 Need Car & Driver for Southern Italy
- 21 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 22 Viking Cruise Tours (Barcelona and French Riviera)-- Please Help
- 23 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 24 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 25 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy