My fiance and I will be married next month at the end of March and we will be travelling to Italy for our Honeymoon. She is a ballerina and I am a photographer and musician. We love art and history and are excited to venture through Italy. I have a basic outline of our travel plans so far and I'd love your feedback. I really hope we aren't biting off more than we can chew. We thought about leaving off Venice to spend more time other places, but I hope this is a solid plan. In total, we will have 6 hotels for this whole adventure. I do photography for the Westin, so we have several comped nights and plan on using them in Italy. Your feedback is much appreciated.
4/1 Arrive in Rome 9:30AM then taking the train immediately to Venice (3hr45m train ride) Sleep in venice at Westin
4/4 Train to Florence (2 hr train ride) Sleep in Florence at Westin
4/7 Rent a car and drive to Cortona (1hr by car) Here we are booked for an 8 hour cooking class. My fiance comes from a long line of italian chefs and loves to cook. Sleep here in Cortona after all the wine. =)
4/8 Drive to Soriano nel Cimino (1hr45min) and stay at Palazzo Catalani. My mom is a diamond resort owner and gifted us 2 nights here. We've already booked this room and are locked in. I'd love feedback on this town. Looks like a cool old town.
Note: We are excited to drive through the country side of Tuscany which prompted much of this portion.
4/9 Soriano nel Cimino
4/10 Long Drive to Ravello (3hr45m) I think I want to stay in Ravello for our Amalfi Coast Portion. I'm not set. What do you think?
4/11 Amalfi (Stay in Ravello?)
Note: I assume it's best to drive to the Amalfi from Sorano since we already have the car. We planned on dropping it back off when we get to Rome. Would love feedback regarding easiest travel.
4/13 Drive to Rome (3 hours) Drop off Car Rental and stay at Westin
4/16 Fly Home
Thanks for looking and for your advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Highway Death Rates in Europe Now Fewer than in U.S...
- 2 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 3 Best Greek Island
- 4 5 days in Andalusia
- 5 Malaga Christmas lights
- 6 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 7 Champs E.....no market ‘this year? How will it look?
- 8 crete or santorini in Oct.
- 9 Noxor Platinum Edition
- 10 Sifnos and...Paros? Last minute help
- 11 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 12 Greek Islands, female solo traveller.
- 13 Driving
- 14 Need help with Mykonos vs. Naxos/Paros
- 15 Ferry vs. plane Athens to Santorini
- 16 Manchester Christmas Markets 2017
- 17 Change of resident
- 18 How best to see the Douro Valley?
- 19 Sixt Car Rental? Good/Bad? Any reviews/experiences?
- 20 The World's Greatest Churches
- 21 Italy with kids - off the beaten bath
- 22 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 23 Problem with Trip Advisor
- 24 Bilbao, Basque Country, declared Best European City 2018
- 25 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!