I'm attempting to organise a honeymoon for mid-June 2012 and would appreciate some advice! We'll have 10 to 14 days and would be looking to spend about 3500 euros (excluding travel to the destination). We'd be wanting to spend our time in either a single destination or split into two relatively close-by.
In terms of what exactly we're looking for, something along the following lines would be great:
- relatively secluded, something that isn't too touristy
- access to excellent restaurants (with hopefully a couple of Michelin starred places thrown in)
- ability to go for nice walks (not too hardcore though!)
- if at all possible, a sandy beach within reach of a day trip (the beach isn't a necessity for us)
- warm weather (we live in Edinburgh, so anywhere with sun sounds great!)
We won't have a car, which may make things difficult.
I've done some research and Provence looks absolutely ideal, with Marsaille's calanques looking great for a day trip. I'd really appreciate any ideas for a destination (or two, if we split our time), within Provence or indeed, anywhere in France that would fit the bill. Corsica was one idea we thought about too, and if anyone can suggest other locations that would be gratefully received as well!
Many thanks for your help in advance,
PS. We're not definitely set on France so if someone's reading this and thinks of somewhere else (Croatia?) then we'd be interested for their opinions too.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AOL [email protected]:844:3O7:279O PASSWORD RESET AOL Tec*h CONTACT
- 2 Rome Hotel
- 3 Drive from Paris to Mont St Michael
- 4 Is the scenery in South Italy worth the trip by train
- 5 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 6 Greece -- Alternative to Athens
- 7 London: Stunning New American Embassy
- 8 Order of Amalfi visit in October
- 9 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 10 "Occupied" TV series: On location in Oslo
- 11 Room in Boppard with a Rhine view
- 12 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 13 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 14 Looking for B&B Recommendations Killarney Ireland
- 15 Driving from Bouzies to Figeac
- 16 Italy: Hotels on the Amalfi Coast; Orvieto; Perugia; Florence; and Siena
- 17 Finally The Bowl Has Begun
- 18 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 19 Getting to FCO from Rome
- 20 10 Days in May: Switzerland Itinerary Help
- 21 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 22 X-mas Eve dinner in Rome
- 23 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 24 Easter Week in Italy
- 25 Moscow Hotels