Reload this Page >

Honeymoon in Spain - Hotel in Sevilla

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30th, 2002, 12:21 PM
CathyM

I have a friend getting married Feb 1, 2003. He's trying to determine where to spend a week on his honeymoom and I suggested Sevilla. I figured the weather would be nice, five nights would be a perfect amount of time in Sevilla, daytrips (Cordoba, Carmona, Italica, etc...) would be easy, and given that it's their first trip to Europe the trip would be relatively easy as far as transportation. And Sevilla is very romantic.....<BR><BR>He's actually seriously considering Sevilla so I'm now trying to help him out with finding a hotel. I've only visited Sevilla once and stayed at Las Casa de Juderia. I loved this hotel and it fits within his price range ($120 USD or less).<BR><BR>Does anyone else have other suggestions for hotels in Sevilla so I can present him with different options?<BR><BR>Thanks all.

Old Oct 30th, 2002, 01:48 PM
Maribel

Hi CathyM,<BR>I think you've selected a fairly sure to please winner in the Casas de la Juderia, but here's another option for your friends:<BR><BR>The Casas del Rey de Baeza, also in the Barrio de Santa Cruz but in a quieter, more removed location, near the Casa de Pilatos.<BR>It used to belong to the same Casas y Palacios group as the Juderia and Mercaderes (smaller than both at 40 rms) but left the group last yr. (?) when it was remodeled to become even more upscale. In all my guides it's rated a bit higher than the Juderia due to its being more &quot;posh&quot;. It has those lovely tiled Andalusian patios, a rooftop pool (which is a mute point for them in Feb. but very handy for those sweltering Seville summers) and is also a Karen Brown favorite, featured on her web site: www.karenbrown.com<BR>Also see it at www.secreplaces.com<BR>Rates for Feb. would run around 120 euros.<BR><BR>My favorite hotel in the Barrio is Casa 7. 6 beautifully decorated rooms in an exquisite townhouse belonging to the scion of the Gonzalez-Byass sherry dynasty. It's very private, filled with antiques, priceless oil paintings, silver, family heirlooms scattered about (including signed photographs of the Spanish and British royal families, the owner's personal friends!) and 2 butlers at one's beck and call. It's run like an exquisite British manor house-doesn't feel like a hotel at all. A Fodor friend spent her honeymon here and loved it. But rates have jumped from 120 to 170, even in winter.<BR><BR>The other beautifully decorated, very Andalusian small hotel in the Barrio would be the 5 star Casa Imperial (near the Reyes de Baeza), which a poster here used for her honeymoons, but a jr. suite in Feb. goes for 150, a full suite for 210 (it's an all suite property). Another Karen Brown favorite and the Barrio's most luxury accomodations. I mention it just in case they decide to splurge, as in Feb. it's only 30 euros higher.<BR>www.casaimperial.com<BR><BR>Hope this helps.<BR>Maribel

Old Oct 30th, 2002, 02:32 PM
Leslie

Have you considered the Westin Alfonso XIII? The rack rate is in the 300 Euro range per night, however, if you make the reservation through Bancotel, and buy the checkbooks (5 vouchers @50 Euro/voucher), the rate is 3 vouchers or 150 Euro, plus the 7% tax.

Old Oct 30th, 2002, 04:30 PM
CathyM

My friend's trying to budget $2,000 USD total for the entire week for the honeymoon so unfortunately about $120 USD is all they can afford even if they get an airfare under $500 each.<BR><BR>Maribel-does Casa 7 have double rooms versus a suite? This place sounds lovely and I think it's nice to stay right in the Barrio.<BR><BR>With all this talk of Sevilla I'm aching to return myself!

Old Oct 30th, 2002, 04:51 PM
Justme

Doesn't seem so, Cathy. Here is Casa nº 7 url:<BR><BR>http://www.casanumero7.com/<BR><BR>It looks lovely, however...

Old Oct 30th, 2002, 04:59 PM
Maribel

CathyM,<BR>For a honeymoon I think the Barrio is by far, the most romantic place to stay. The Old European, Grande Dame Alfonso XIII is certainly historic and more than nice but large and bustling, not intimate, private and cozy. <BR><BR>The Casa 7 rooms are all doubles and the same price.<BR>The room rate there includes an elegant full breakfast served in the formal dining room (fine china/silver, white glove service by the bulters). We had sherry in the parlor with don Gonzalo every night (but he's not always in residence), soft drinks brought to our room (with a bucket of ice on a silver tray of course) when ever we wanted and our laundry done (same day service) for no extra charge. <BR>Although his web page says 170 in &quot;normal season&quot;. your friends might be able to snag a room for less in February by asking don Gonzalo via email. Doesn't hurt. <BR>We stayed in the &quot;blue&quot; room on the 2nd floor , but the yellow room across the hall is equally beautfiul and spacious. The red room is narrower but still very elegantly decorated in keeping with the posh decor of the entire house.<BR>See it at www.casanumero7.com<BR>There's also a review at<BR>www.i-escape.com<BR>and it's featured in Alistair Sawaday's &quot;Special Places to Stay/Spain&quot;<BR><BR>

Old Nov 12th, 2002, 05:45 AM
LH

just stayed at casa no. 7 in sevilla and highly recommend - had friends staying at Casa de Juderia and would say Casa outshined - rooms, intimacy, etc.

Old Nov 12th, 2002, 06:55 AM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Maribel, You are terrific !<BR>What great in-depth input. I may get back to you if my Apr trip to central Spain works out. You know your stuff !

Old Nov 12th, 2002, 06:58 AM
Olga

Check out Hotel Villa de la Palmera at www.villadelapalmera.com .<BR>It´s a beautiful restored mansion with only 12 rooms. It´s not in the historic center, but it is in one of the prettiest avenues in Seville, lined with mansions from the 20´s and it is a much quieter area than most downtown hotels. You can get to the center in 5 minutes by cab, they are everywhere and cheap.<BR>A friend stayed for their wedding night and loved it.<BR>Their rate is around 130 Euros, but they have free parking, which is around 12 Euros a night in the downtown hotels.<BR><BR>

Old Nov 12th, 2002, 08:50 AM
lisa

Another vote for Casa Imperial. It is absolutely charming. Built in the hacienda style with beautiful patios and fountains. They have a nice room that is indoor/outdoor for breakfast in the a.m. and drinks in the p.m. We found the service to be wonderful. Our room, a jr suite, was quaint and an adequate size. Each room is different. We stayed there on our honeymoon.

Old Nov 12th, 2002, 11:51 AM
Breslin

I was in Sevilla last March and it was by far my favorite city in Spain. We stayed at La Hosteria del Laurel which I would recommend to anyone. It is located centrally in the Bario de Santa Cruz. We walked everywhere! (bullring, flamenco show, cathedral, river) There were 4 of us and we paid about $100/night which was great for a 4 person room. The rates are more than reasonable, the people there were very friendly, the food at the restaurant downstairs was delicious, and the location great. I'd highly recommend this hotel for anyone going to Sevilla. http://www.hosteriadellaurel.com/

Old Nov 12th, 2002, 11:55 AM
CathyM

Thanks for all of the ideas everyone. My friend is still trying to finalize his plans. <BR><BR>All of this talk about Sevilla makes me want to return next fall when I take my annual trip!