Honeymoon in Positano/Ravello

Old Feb 7th, 2003, 08:42 AM
dnb
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honeymoon in Positano/Ravello

I'm a little confused, we are booked to stay 5 nights at the Palazzo Sasso, which sounds beautiful. Yet it is in Ravello. Is this to far?? Also, I hear that the town of Ravello has less energy than Positano?
Old Feb 7th, 2003, 08:57 AM
GAC

Palazzo Sasso is the top hotel in Ravello, which is just up the hill from Amalfi. There is hourly bus service connecting the two towns. I find that Ravello is somewhat more isolated and perhaps "refined" than Positano, but many prefer the views from the hotels in Positano. Ravello has the famous classical music concerts in Villa Rufolo during the summer which makes it a particularly attrictive site.
Old Feb 7th, 2003, 01:31 PM

Is Palazzo Sasso the Virgin Atlantic hotel. If so, I don't think it has a pool. We stayed at the very fancy hotel next door and it was very nice. Ravello is rather quiet but lovely. We also stayed in Positano and it was good also. I would split the time. But towns are walking towns and 2/3 days in each is fine. Great massages at the Hotel Posiden in Positano.
Old Feb 7th, 2003, 01:39 PM
GAC

Palazzo Sasso has a "new" 20 metre outdoor heated pool, with fine views down the coastline.
Old Feb 7th, 2003, 04:59 PM

Palazzo Sasso was AMAZING!!! My husband & I truly enjoyed staying there as well as the slower pace in Ravello. If you're looking for more excitement, though, you may split the 5 days & head to Positano.
Old Feb 8th, 2003, 07:26 AM

I second the amazing massage at the Poseidon in Positano! I loved that hotel and Positano. The pace is a bit more energetic in Positano, but not overly so. I love the shops and restuarants as well as the amaing views in Positano. If you are looking for tranquil beauty and less of the tourist vibe, you should do Ravello. Which I might add is amazingly beautiful!!!