My husband and I are taking a 3-week honeymoon in Portugal in November, flying in and out of Lisbon. I am looking for any advice on cities/towns/villages/sights/events/food not to be missed.
We are thinking about starting in the North - a few days in and around Porto, then a few days in and around Lisbon. We will finish with a week in the South, probably in Vilamoura as we have a timeshare there (thanks, Mom!) and will use as a home base for some day trips.
I know this is a VERY bare-bones outline but we are in the very beginning stages of planning - just booked our flights not even a week ago. There are places I've read about that we definitely plan on visiting that appear to be quite touristy (Sintra, for example) but generally speaking, we prefer the "off the beaten track" places. We'd appreciate any suggestions at all.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Self Drive UK tour
- 2 Two week Europe itenirary help
- 3 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 4 Netherlands, Brussels and possibly Luxembourg
- 5 Airport Transfer
- 6 Help with Country House Hotel Christmas 2018
- 7 Rail vs. Plane
- 8 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 9 5 nights in Spain, need help!
- 10 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 11 hotel reservations in Switzerland in June?
- 12 Where to See Flamenco
- 13 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 14 Arezzo - how much time?
- 15 London: Stunning New American Embassy
- 16 2 week May trip with kids
- 17 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 18 Paris November 2017
- 19 Room in Boppard with a Rhine view
- 20 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 21 New Years in France
- 22 Easter Week in Italy
- 23 8 day flexi Swiss pass
- 24 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 25 10 Days in May: Switzerland Itinerary Help