My fiance and I are getting married July 9th and are planning to honeymoon in Italy soon after that. We realize it's not the *best* time to go, but we're teachers so it's our main vacation time.
Right now we're looking at leaving on July 12th (arrive July 13th) and returning on July 26th. We're planning on flying into/out of Naples and making Sorrento our home base for the first part of our trip. For the first few days or so, we'd like to relax (beaches, sightseeing, etc.) and do some easy day trips - Amalfi Coast, Capri, Pompeii, etc. Closer to the end of the trip we'd like to spend 2-3 days in Rome and then head back to Naples to fly home. We have also considered an open jaw flight - flying into Naples and out of Rome... We're leaving for Toronto, Canada.
We have a budget of approx. $5000 which needs to include our flights, but of course we'd like to spend less if possible. We're not looking for fancy places to stay, but we'd like to be comfortable and beautiful views would be a bonus.
If anyone has the time to help us with our itinerary, the best way to get from one place to another, hotels, etc., that would be wonderful.
Feel free to suggest other places that might fit into our plans as well.
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Good base for visiting Le Marche region
- 2 Yet another London Hotel Question
- 3 20th wedding anniversary, Le Grand Tour
- 4 Ronda by bus in early January?
- 5 South of France
- 6 5 days in Andalusia
- 7 Christmas in South of Spain 2018
- 8 Malaga Christmas lights
- 9 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 10 Highway Death Rates in Europe Now Fewer than in U.S...
- 11 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 12 First time in Spain - family of 2 adults & one child(10 yr old)
- 13 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 14 Need Car & Driver for Southern Italy
- 15 Bilbao, Basque Country, declared Best European City 2018
- 16 Help with Spain itinerary
- 17 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 18 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 19 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 20 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 21 paris to london- day trip
- 22 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 23 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 24 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 25 Family vacation