Honeymoon in Italy

Jun 6th, 2005, 02:41 PM
Original Poster

Honeymoon in Italy

We are trying to plan a trip to Italy for our Honeymoon. Our wedding will be early September. We are looking for a beautiful, romantic place. Our goal is to go somewhere that is not too hectic or demanding (as far as sightseeing). We have been to Florence and Sienna and loved it, but want something more relaxing for our honeymoon. We only have about 8 days to work with. So, we don't want to go somewhere that is difficult to get to. Some initial thoughts are Amalfi coast or Cinque Terra. Any thoughts or recommendations on places to stay?

Thanks!

Jun 6th, 2005, 03:16 PM

Either Positano, Amalfi, or Ravello would be fantastic. How about Capri? The tourists will be gone and it,s an easy hop on the hydrofoil from Naples. To me there is no more romantic place than that. Weather will still be great too!
Jun 6th, 2005, 05:50 PM

We went to the Amalfi Coast. We stayed at Villa La Tartana - a charming, romantic little B&B type hotel with EXCELLENT views. You can easily take leisure day trips to Capri and hike or browse the shops. The boat or bus is ony 30 minutes to Amalfi for an afternoon on the beach and lunch. Sorrento was only 40 min boat ride away too. We spent a week down there and enjoyed our stay.

Another romantic charming honeymoon city is Spoleto. I once read it was one of the most romantic cities in Italy, so we had to spend 2 days there on our honeymoon. It was not touristy at all and the restaurants were charming, romantic and had the BEST food we had in Italy. Spoleto is in Umbria - only 1 hour by train from Rome.

We went to Italy in September last year and it is still very warm. We got a lot of sun while there just from hiking and walking around enjoying the cities. Is is absolutely beautiful there and makes a perfect honeymoon destination.

Good luck!
Jun 6th, 2005, 05:56 PM

I suggest 2 great choices to consider. Of course, the Amalfi coast is spectacular and that is a good time to visit. But, with 8 days, I would also suggest a combo of the Lake Orta and the Cinque Terre. You can fly into Milan and easily see both at a very leisurely pace. Buona fortuna !
Jun 7th, 2005, 09:10 AM
ira

Hi marcy,

You might also like a week in Venice with visits to Verona, Padua and Bologna.