Honeymoon in Italy - 2 Weeks

Old Jun 17th, 1997, 09:38 AM
Teresa Mastrangelo

Honeymoon in Italy - 2 Weeks

If you had only 2 weeks to see Italy on your honeymoon (early May) where would you go? This will be my first time in Italy. Thanks!

Old Jun 17th, 1997, 10:44 AM
Greg Sherman

Teresa, I just noticed you posted this message. I, too, will be honeymooning in Italy for two weeks. I will going from October 5 - 19. After talking to lots of people and reading a whole lot of travel guides, we decided to spend about 6 days at Sorrento (outside of Naples) right by the Amalfi Coast & Capri, and then a week in Sicily (Cefalu, Lipari Island, and Taormina). I posted a message a while ago that is kind of buried (around 6/10/97) that is titled Honeymooning in Positano, Capri, and Sicily. If you'd be so kind as to place a comment, it would move my message back to the top. (That's a little hint for you to do the same to this message in case it gets buried). Let me know if you have other questions.

Old Jun 18th, 1997, 05:54 AM
Tim Walshe

We. also are planning a honeymoon in Italy in September. We plan to spend some time in Rome, Capri
and Florence. Fodors Guide offers good suggestions on accomadation and what to do when you get there. Train travel seems very reasonable ( I have talked to the Italian Rail company) and their service is usually reliable. August seems not to be the month to travel just about anywhere in Europe and Italy is no exception, with most places being shut and Temperatures making it unpleasent to tour comfortably. Gary was right in saying to check out previous entries on the notice board as there have been some very interesting contributions from people who have been to many parts of Italy. Congrats on the upcoming event and enjoy your trip.

Old Jun 18th, 1997, 11:24 AM
Teresa Mastrangelo

Thanks so much for the response. Congratulations to you too! You gave me some good ideas. I was actually thinking of Sorrento and a friend strongly recommended Positano near Capri and Sicily. Thanks again. Hope you have a fantastic time.

Old Jun 25th, 1997, 11:28 AM
amy

My husband and I just got back from an amazing trip to Italy that included three nights on the Amalfi coast. We spent one night in Positano and two in Ravello. The Amalfi coast is one of the most beautiful and romantic spots I have ever seen!!! I would recommend it to anyone, especially for a honeymoon. The views are breathtaking, the food wonderful, and the people gracious. In both towns we also had wonderful experiences with hotels. In Positano we stayed at the Albergo Miramare. We didn't want to leave. Then in Ravello we stayed at the Villa Maria. We splurged a little on this one but it was worth it. Have a great time!

Old Jun 25th, 1997, 06:34 PM
Kate Piccard

My husband and i will be taking uor second trip to Italy in 'september, but our first to the Amalfi Coast. Can you tell me a little bit more about the Albergo Miramare? Price- what it includes? Does it have ocean views? What is the address , phone and fax number? I can't wait! Thanks!