Reload this Page >

Honeymoon in Italy

Search

Honeymoon in Italy

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26th, 2002, 06:39 AM
Kelly

Honeymoon in Italy

We are trying to plan our honeymoon in Italy and were looking for recommendations on places to go, how long to stay and hotel recommendations. We would like to go to Venice, Tuscany, Florence, Rome and the Amalfi Coast. Any recommendations on how long to stay in each place and where we should stay? I have heard different things about where to stay in the Amalfi Coast area. Please provide suggestions.

Old Mar 26th, 2002, 07:20 AM
Vincenzo

Kelly,<BR>which is the period ? Have you a car ?<BR>Based on these informations I can suggest about Amalfi Coast.

Old Mar 26th, 2002, 07:27 AM
Rex

Sounds awfully ambitious unless you have 15-20 days or more. Still you're only young and newlywed once.<BR><BR>Might want to think cutting down to three main destinations if you have two weeks or less.<BR><BR>In any event, congratulations on your new life in marriage.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Mar 26th, 2002, 08:48 AM
Rona

We stayed at Palazzo Sasso, in Ravello (Amalfi Coast) last July. This place is heaven! The hotel could not have been better, and it is ideal for honeymoon (we were on ours). From here you need a car to explore the coast. If you want to see everything rather than relax, then maybe stay in Sorrento (hotel Bristol top floor suite was amazing) and hire a car. You can see most of the Amalfi coast in 3 days hard sightseeing. We next went to Rome, which is a must. There's no need to spend too long here, 3 days is enough to see the main bits (any hotel will do as you won't be in it much!) That's as far as we got. It took about 3 hours by train from Naples to Rome, and will probably be the same to Florence, and again to Venice. I would say that the minimum amount of time you need to spend in each place you mention would be 3 days, so a total of 15 days, but this would be pretty had going. It very much depends on what you want out of your vacation.

Old Mar 26th, 2002, 09:03 AM
ali

ttt

Old Mar 26th, 2002, 09:46 AM
Diane

I'd suggest starting out with romantic, relaxing time either in Venice or on the Amalfi Coast, 3 nights. Then you could do either Florence (2 nights) or Rome (3 nights), with 3 nights in a small town Tuscan location (and a car)inbetween F and R.