Honeymoon in Florence and London

Old Jul 28th, 2003, 08:29 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honeymoon in Florence and London

Hello -

My fiance and I are planning a honeymoon to Florence and London. We are leaving on November 24th and flying to Pisa, taking the bus/train to Florence. We are leaving Pisa and flying to London on December 1st and then London to NY on December 10th. Can anyone give me any recommendations on hotels and things to see/do while we are there? Basically, we will spend 6 days in Florence/Tuscany region and 9 days in London. Thank you!!!
Old Jul 28th, 2003, 09:30 AM
ira

Hi

Why not start with the fodor.com miniguides to Florence and London.
Old Jul 28th, 2003, 09:31 AM
ira

Sorry,

That should have been www.fodors.com.
Old Jul 28th, 2003, 11:21 AM

Hmm... that is a different Itinerary. We just spent our honeymoon (2wks) in North & Central Italy. I'd recommned 2 nights in Florence, then rent a car and stay S of Siena near Montalcino. We loved the hill towns: Montepulicano was our favorite, then San Gimignano. Pienza and Montalcino were also great, Drive through Chianti on your way South, stop in Castellina if possible. Can't help with your London portion. Good luck and congrats!!
Old Jul 28th, 2003, 11:34 AM

Just one question, why are you flying directly into Pisa if you are staying in Florence? I'm sure there is a good reason, but can you not fly directly into Florence? We were divereted to Pisa recently, only to take a bus to Florence and it made for a longer trip in than anticipated. We couldn't land in Florence, as planned, due to high winds. Just a suggestion that you might want to look into flying into Florence w/o going to Pisa, unless you want to go to Pisa for a particular reason.

You'll love Florence. We were there a couple of weeks ago and the art and history were outstanding. Make sure to spend an evening seeing the sunset from Piazzelle Michelangelo (you can take a cab up for about 8 euro), and also spend an afternoon in Fiesole (cab fare 15 euro or you can take the bus easily). The view of Florence from the viewpoint in Fiesole is wonderful!

Enjoy and congratuations! You'll get lots of great advice from this board, especially if you do a text search on the cities you are interested in.
Old Jul 28th, 2003, 01:21 PM
Original Poster

Statia - We are flying into Pisa because we are flying on British Airways. I was able to price the entire trip for under $700, including taxes and fees. If we flew directly into Florence, all of our flights would have been considered one way flights; this way it is seen as round trip with a stopover on the way. Confusing I know, but priced directly into Florence, we were paying a minimum of $2000 per person. Thanks for the advise!
Old Jul 28th, 2003, 01:31 PM

Jdevaz:

I can relate. I fly from St. Maarten to all of my destinations, so sometimes we have to do some weird thing like that, as well. Just making sure you weren't going out of your way, that's all. I figured there was a logical explanation.

You will really enjoy both cities. Do some text searches on this board for each, and you will find a wealth of info.

And, don't forget Piazzelle Michelangelo and Fiesole for the view alone. Both truly worth the visit, along with numerous other locales in the city for art and history. We rented an apartment near the Duomo two weeks ago and loved it!

Congrats on your impending nuptials!