Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

honeymoon in april- Paris or Amalfi coast?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3rd, 2004, 08:37 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are planning a honeymoon in April and are thinking of either Paris or the Amalfi coast.
Both of us love the water. I have been to Naples, Capri and Sorrento on a day trip before but neither of us has been to Paris.We are looking for suggestions on hotels, sightseeing,restaurants and most importantly 'atmosphere'.Please help light up our honeymoon!
Old Feb 3rd, 2004, 08:43 AM

Why not go to Paris for part of the time then take a train down to Nice or somewhere else along the Riviera? It seems a shame not to visit Paris just because it's not near the water. There's so much more to see and do there that will make your honeymoon one to remember.
Old Feb 3rd, 2004, 09:15 AM

In April I would go south. Do not believe the song--Paris can be chilly in April.
Old Feb 3rd, 2004, 10:14 AM

We were in Paris April of 2002 and it was absolutely wonderful. Not beach weather-50s to 60s but the Tuleries were in full tulip bloom, Luxembourg Gardens full of blooming rebud trees. It was my 3rd time in Paris, once in August and once in September and I thought it was the most beautiful time of year.
Old Feb 3rd, 2004, 11:45 AM
Original Poster

thanks for the advice- it seems as though Paris is the favorite! sugegstions for daytrips, romantic excursions, etc anyone?
Old Feb 3rd, 2004, 11:51 AM
jenifer

There are quite a few threads on day trips from Paris - I was reading them earlier. Just search for "day trip paris". Also, there have been a couple of pretty recent threads on romantic ideas for Paris. I'm sure if you search for "paris romantic" you'll find those and some others.

The search is at the top of the page - there's a lot of great info here for Paris, so definitely make good use of the search in your initial planning phases.

Old Feb 3rd, 2004, 12:06 PM

Not really romantic but Versailles was empty in April compared to other times. We had the gardens to ourself and the town itself is worth walking through.
Old Mar 2nd, 2004, 02:14 AM
a_diner

Having spent my honeymoon partly on the Amalfi Coast and having just returned from Paris, to me there is no comparison as a honeymoon destination and I would recommend the Amalfi coast. However, since you've already been to Capri and Sorrento I can easily see if you can't get as excited about this region vs. a new destination, Paris.

Old Mar 2nd, 2004, 03:30 AM
ira

Hi ramekin,

You have a real dilemma here.

After much careful consideration and questioning a random, statistically chosen sample of respondents, I suggest that you go to Paris.

The AC is beautiful and romantic, but it ain't Paris.
Old Mar 2nd, 2004, 08:28 AM

It has to be the Amalfi Coast in Ravello or Positano or wandering around Capri. April is a great time to visit the Amalfi Coast.