My fiancee and I are starting the exciting honeymoon planning process and we need help! We are hoping to explore the Amalfi Coast and Croatia over the course of 10 days in mid-May. We will be flying from Atlanta so we have many options for where to fly in/out.
In our heads, we are thinking about flying into Rome, taking the Train to Naples and then the Bus down to Salerno. We are not sure the best place to stay in the Amalfi area but are hoping to get the classic, ocean-side views and avoid extravagant costs and crowds. We are very active and would like to hike, boat and eat our way through the area for anywhere from 3-5 days. We'd like to see Positano, Ravello & Capri for sure (unless there are better options). From there, things get very sketchy....
We're thinking of taking a ferry from Bari to Dubrovnik (domestic air maybe?) and renting a car to drive up the coast. We both are fairly clueless on Croatia in general but are very interested in the marine caves in Dubrovnik, Hvar and Plitvice Lakes National Park. I'm not sure the best strategy for getting out but was thinking a flight from Rovinj.
We are looking for suggestions on the best route, things to do and logistical strategy for getting around. I wish we had an unlimited budget but cost is definitely a major factor. Please let us know if you have any experience, suggestions or old itineraries that you can suggest. Thanks so much!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 2 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 3 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 4 Scooter/quad/bike rental on Greek Islands
- 5 Malaga Christmas lights
- 6 Andalusia schedule /Cordoba question
- 7 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 8 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 9 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 10 More time in Belgium or Germany?
- 11 Best Greek Island
- 12 Viking Cruise Tours (Barcelona and French Riviera)-- Please Help
- 13 Help Getting from Faro to Lisbon
- 14 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 15 10 days trip to Europe in June of 2018
- 16 Mediterranean princess cruise
- 17 Copenhagen, Stockholm & Bergen April 2018
- 18 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 19 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 20 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 21 Highway Death Rates in Europe Now Fewer than in U.S...
- 22 Ronda by bus in early January?
- 23 The World's Greatest Churches
- 24 Car hire from Venice to Croatia and bosnia
- 25 Recommendations for 3 night golf package in the ALgarve