I'm looking for advice/ inspiration for planning my Honeymoon next year. We're getting married in April but planning to take advantage of the UK bank holidays in May with a view to travel pretty much most of May.
I've considered many destinations but am sort of stuck on eastern europe for now, largely because flights are quick so that means we'll get more honeymoon for our time away. We've also agreed that we want to go to places that we've not been before. In eastern europe that means Greece is out, also Hungry and we're planning a trip to Prague later in the year. Other than that I've got free reign. We are also keen to see a few different places and experience a few different cultures.
Really I'm just looking for inspiration at this point to build an itinerary around. We'd like a mix of city breaks and some coastal towns / beaches. The weather should be getting warmer then so coming back home with a tan would be excellent. I've been building a few itineraries around croatia but I don't think I've found one yet that I'm completely in love with. Happy to do some car rental, but also travel by train or even short flights, though from what I gather train travel in the area is not as good as other parts of europe.
If anyone's been in the area (particularly in May) and have completely loved it, please feel free to contribute locations that we can consider because I am really keen to make this the best trip possible... you only have a honeymoon once (hopefully)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need Car & Driver for Southern Italy
- 2 Malaga Christmas lights
- 3 South of France
- 4 Bilbao, Basque Country, declared Best European City 2018
- 5 Help with Spain itinerary
- 6 Yet another London Hotel Question
- 7 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 8 Highway Death Rates in Europe Now Fewer than in U.S...
- 9 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 10 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 11 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 12 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 13 paris to london- day trip
- 14 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 15 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 16 Christmas in South of Spain 2018
- 17 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 18 Family vacation
- 19 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 20 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 21 Tips for first trip to UK
- 22 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 23 which language school in Italy?
- 24 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 25 European Christmas Markets Itinerary