Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   honeymoon help (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/honeymoon-help-295127/)

fairsat Mar 6th, 2003 04:58 PM

honeymoon help

Please help with idea's for a honeymoon in September. I was hoping to visit Rome and the coast. So far I have received hotel prices for Santa Caterina , Le Sirenuse , Caesar Agustus and Hotel Marincanto. I would love input and what hotels I should choose. I have not even begun to look into Rome yet.<BR><BR>While ate the coast we would love to visit Pompeii. We will not be renting a car and have a budget for $6,000.<BR><BR>Would love everyone's trip suggestions.<BR><BR>Have fun!!

RobertR Mar 6th, 2003 06:29 PM

How long is your trip?

fairsat Mar 7th, 2003 05:59 AM

We have 12 days , arrive Monday morning in Rome and depart from Rome the following Friday poss Saturday. <BR><BR>Thanks for everyone's help

RobertR Mar 7th, 2003 06:09 AM

Have you purchased your tickets yet?If not I would change them to into Rome and out Venice.4 nights rome,2 nights siena and final days in Venice. I have been on the coast but can't imagine a more romantic place than Venice.RR

fairsat Mar 7th, 2003 06:25 AM

<BR><BR>No we have not purchased them yet , I am still trying to see if we can actually do this trip for 6,000. I know Venice is wonderful I have heard many great things but I di have my heart set on the coast and swimming in the Med.<BR><BR>I am open to suggestions on itinery's.<BR>

ira Mar 7th, 2003 06:59 AM

Hi fairsat,<BR> Since you want to visit the Amalfi Coast and Rome over 12 days, may I suggest 5 days Rome (including day trips), 5 days Amalfi Coast, return to Rome for flight home?<BR><BR> You can take the train from Rome to Salerno and then the ferry to Amalfi, Positano or Sorrento. I think that this would be easier than training to Naples and then on to the Coast. A limo from Rome costs about 400 - 500 Euros.<BR><BR> If you do a text search, you will find a lot of information on this forum.

spidertlaw Mar 7th, 2003 09:17 AM

Fairsat,<BR><BR>Congrats. I also just planned a 12 day hmoon in Italy...leave in 3 weeks. We're staying 4 nights in each of Positano, Florence and Rome (in that order). I selected most of my choices from personal experiences I read about on this board and slanted decisions toward that of a honeymoon.<BR><BR>In Positano (which is right next to Amalfi and Pompeii) we're staying at Villa Rosa - www.villarosapositano.it. Rome is Hotel Due Torri - www.hotelduetorriroma.com. I think they're like 130 and 185 euro respectively.<BR><BR>By the way, for travel, we are using EuroStar train from Rome to Naples and a car service (Positano Car Service) from Naples to Positano with a total cost of about 200 for train and car 1-way.<BR><BR>Hope that helps. It will be a great trip.

jamikins Mar 7th, 2003 10:25 AM

Hi there, <BR><BR>We are planning out honeymoon and have done it for $6000, 3 wks, visiting Edinburgh 2 days, London 6 days, Paris 5 days, Venice 2 days, Assisi 2 days and Rome 4 days. Start planning early. We got amazing deals on flights (6 euros etc) and used www.eurocheapo.com to book hotels. We are staying with friends in London, but will be spending $2000 on hotels, $2000 on flights, and then $2000 for activities and food...well we may end up going over for that, but we will try to stay within that. We dont care about the hotels because we've been married 6 months and lived together for a year, we are more interested in spending $$ on food and actvities. Please feel free to email me if you want more details...AND THIS IS ALL IN CDN DOLLARS, so you should be fine with american dollars!<BR><BR>[email protected]<BR><BR>Best of luck!<BR>Jamie

fairsat Mar 7th, 2003 12:36 PM

Thanks for evryone's trip reports so far , would love to hear more. This is very helpful including the prices and hotel names.

fairsat Mar 8th, 2003 06:35 PM

I need help wth where to stay while in Rome and the Amalfi Coast!!!