Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Honeymoon Advice 1st Time Eurpoe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/honeymoon-advice-1st-time-eurpoe-970715/)

newlywed2013 Mar 16th, 2013 02:52 PM

Honeymoon Advice 1st Time Eurpoe

I am traveling to Europe for my honeymoon. This will be the first trip to Europe for my newlywed and I. We would like to travel for 10 nights traveling to Paris, Venice, Rome, and a costal city such as Naples or Sorrento.

Is this feasable in this amount of time? Any suggestions for places to visit in theses cities? Which costal city would cap off our trip in a scenic and nice way?

Thank You!

jent103 Mar 16th, 2013 03:03 PM

Congratulations!

<i>Is this feasible?</i>

Not if you want a relaxing honeymoon. :) Paris and Rome each need a minimum of three full days to see the highlights (and you could easily fill more time); with travel time in between, it just isn't feasible to fit all that in. You seem to be focused on Italy except for Paris, so I'd spend the whole time in Italy. Venice, Rome and somewhere on the Amalfi Coast would be busy but feasible and fit the bill.

tuscanlifeedit Mar 16th, 2013 03:14 PM

I totally agree with jent103.

IMO, Naples isn't that scenic (the Bay of Naples is, of course, but the city itself can be quite scruffy).

So Venice, Rome and Sorrento would be very nice.

What time of year?

nytraveler Mar 16th, 2013 06:13 PM

No - this is not possible in only 10 days. In that amount of time you can see the highlights of 2 major cities. To try to do more than that will be a real rush - esp on a honeymoon when presumably you want to be relaxed.

StCirq Mar 16th, 2013 06:23 PM

No. This is a really bad idea, assuming you want some relaxation. Just stay in Paris and do a daytrip or two. No one wants to be jumping around a continent in such a short time, especially on a honeymoon. I am guessing, and pardon if I'm wrong because there have been loads of posts here recently from folks from India and close by, that you are coming a long distance. Don't dilute your experience and exhaust yourselves by trying to fly all over the place, when Paris itself is such a joy.

rineurope Mar 16th, 2013 06:32 PM

Congratulations!

I'd agree that this is a lot to see in 10 days - and as it's your spouse's first trip to Europe, I'd fly into Paris (after all, it's your honeymoon). Then fly to Venice (again, it's your honeymoon!), train to Rome, and return home from there.

Since it's your honeymoon, I'd get everyone to give you travel $$$$ and stay at the Four Seasons George V, Hotel Cipriani in Venice, and the Hotel de Russie in Rome -- all Virtuoso locations... and all incredible (and yes, pretty pricey - but it's your honeymoon).

I'd save the Amalfi for a trip of it's own and I think on your spouse's FIRST trip to Europe, see some of the iconic sites. You'll be back!

ira Mar 17th, 2013 08:24 AM

Hi new,

In 10 days you could have a very pleasant honeymoon if you flew into Venice - 3 nights, trained to Rome - 3 nights, trained to Naples - 3 nights.

I liked Naples, but that's because I am a great fan of "Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow".

In addition, I prefer Florence to Rome.

An alternative for you would be:
Fly into Venice - 3 nights, train to Florence - 3 nights, train to La Spezia and visit the Cinque Terre - 3 nights, fly home from Pisa.

Happy Honeymoon.

((I))