Honeymoon 9/22 to 10/2 Positano/Florence

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26th, 2003, 05:03 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking to get great restaurant recos on both locales. We love wonderful meals that are not touristy.
Postiano first 5 days at Le Sirenuse
Florece 4 days at Hotel Pierre (anyone stayed there?)
Would appreciate any suggestions. thanks!
Old Aug 26th, 2003, 06:43 PM

Positano --
Chez Black - to be part of scene
Donna Rosa, Il Ritrivo or La Tagliata - godd fodd and experience - views from above
O'Capurale for a fabulous lunch.

Firenze --
Il Latini - a dining experience like no other. Don't go right at 7 when they open.
Acqua al due -- make reservations

Buon apetitto !!
Old Aug 26th, 2003, 06:43 PM

Ask the hotel to make a reservation at either IL RITROVO or DONNA ROSA in Montepertuso, a mountain village 15 minutes by car from Positano. Unbelievable food and views!

Congratulations and good luck!
Old Aug 27th, 2003, 08:51 AM

My husband and I will be honeymooning in Positano in just two weeks! I'm hoping to post a trip report on our return. Right now, we're planning on dining at La Sponda at Le Sirenuese, Eolo in Amalfi, and Chez Black in Positano, to name a few. Fodor's has a great list of restaurants on the Amalfi coast that you should look at. See below. If you make it to Amalfi, we were told that the pastry shop Pansa Andrea was fabulous - good hot chocolate and lemon desserts! We will be back in the US on September 18 if you want any last minute advice. Enjoy your honeymoon!

Fodor's restaurant list for the Amalfi Coast:

http://www.fodors.com/miniguides/mgr...amalfi_capri@9
Old Aug 27th, 2003, 12:50 PM

Oh ... be sure to eat one night at your hotel, Le Sirenuse. The restaurant there is magical. I would also highly recommend Da Vincenzo and La Tagliata.

La Tagliata was just a fun experience. They will send a van down to get you, and then up, up,up you go. It was such a warm and friendly restaurant with huge, generous portions of great food.

As for Florence, I have two great recommendations:

Osteria de Macci, tucked away behind Santa Croce. Oh! It was wonderful. We were some of the only "non-Italians" in the place. It was written up on epicurious.com if you'd like to read more about it ... but I just can't say enough good things about it.

http://eat.epicurious.com/restaurant...e/osteria.html

The second place is Baldovino's .... we actually found it walking back to our hotel from Osteria de Macci ... it is right near Santa Croce as well. It was just the cutest little place, very casual and inexpensive ... but their menu was outstanding. We probably would have gone back there 2 or 3 more times if we were staying in Florence longer ... that's how many great sounding things there were. I think maybe they started out as a pizza place ... but they have certainly mastered many delicious pastas and other dishes as well. If you are looking for a great, casual meal ... look no further!

Have fun! You will absolutely LOVE Le Sirenuse!
Old Aug 27th, 2003, 01:06 PM

We were in Italy for our honeymoon in June and, in Florence, ate at La Giostra (twice!). The food is outstanding!
Old Aug 27th, 2003, 01:16 PM

We stayed 4 nights in May at Le Sirenuse and had an outstanding experience. My favorite dining experience was at Donna Rossa. I read a post on this site from a couple on their honeymoon that hiked up the hill for lunch, only to find it closed; yet the owners opened it for them. As unbelievable as that sounds, the same experience happened with us only this time at dinner. We had the entire restaurant to ourselves (with Ericka the sou-chef filling in for her sister Rosita as hostess while Momma cooked) then the entire family sat down to eat as we prepared to leave at 11:30 PM. One of the nicest dining experiences we have ever had.