Search

Fav Inns in Bruge......

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22nd, 2004, 10:04 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fav Inns in Bruge......

Hi everyone and happy holidays!

Just wondering if you could email me your favorite inns in Brugges. I've narrowed the list down to three,
1. HOTEL PRNSENHOF
2. DIE SWAENE INN
3. HOTEL OUD-HUIS AMSTERDAM

We are celebrating our birthdays, 3 nights in Brugge, so as you see it will be a very special trip.

Look forward to your comments!
vanessa
Old Dec 22nd, 2004, 12:45 PM

My research showed that the one drawback with Die Swaene is that the canal front rooms are very noisy -- with loudspeaker announcements from the boats constantly.
We chose the Prinsenhof, but couldn't get rooms for our time -- even though planning 6 or 8 months ahead.
We then chose the Pandhotel, and couldn't have been happier, even though it wasn't on a canal.
Old Dec 24th, 2004, 02:21 AM

We stayed @ the Relais Bougondische Cruyce and couldn't have been happier! Excellent location. Beautiful canal front (quiet) rooms. Lovely breakfast room overlooking the canal with starched linens and silver and crystal chandeliers and a delicious breakfast of croissants, cheese, fruit, good coffee and warm hospitality. We had to leave early in the morning and they even packaged us a nice breakfast "to go" that they left out for us.
Old Jan 4th, 2005, 09:17 PM
Original Poster

thanks to all of you for the helpful advice, just saw your thread tonight.
Old Jan 4th, 2005, 10:08 PM

Both Die Swaene and Oud Huis Amsterdam are situated alongside a canal, which is something typical of Brugge.
The loudspeaker announcements on the canal in front of the Swaene only occur during daytime and they are not that noisy, allthough they can become annoying after some time. This hotel is also somewhat "packed" under the trees and it seems as it hardly gets any daylight on the frontside.
Oud Huis Amsterdam also benefits from the typical presence of a canal and is a very bright place. On the ground floor, the hotel has wonderfully decorated salon rooms with high ceilings.
My pick would be OHA. Furthermore, when I am in Brugge, I always have a drink in the "backside" bar on Saturdays around noon.
Old Jan 5th, 2005, 07:20 AM
Original Poster

Question for baldrick:

I am finding a better rate for the Hotel Oud-Huis Amsterdam but am a little conserned about the rooms. Do you recall if they are ample, clean, romantic? Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Old Jan 6th, 2005, 03:19 AM

Vanenechy,
Sorry, but I can't be of any help on that question. I am a native from Brugge, so when I come to Brugge, I always stay with family.
Old Jan 6th, 2005, 06:59 AM
Original Poster

Thanks anyway Baldrick. Your info. was most useful. I will look into the inn you suggested!

Happy New Year!