We are planning on doing a trip from Holland to Germany (then back to Amsterdam for flight back home). We'll have our 4-year old son with us and will only be making use of public transport.
The idea at this stage is to leave from Amsterdam (2 nights) to Germany where we want to go to the Black Forest and Bavaria for 3 nights each. Then back to Amsterdam 1 night and fly back the next morning. Any suggestions on where to stay in the Black Forest and Bavaria - such as Mittenwald or Garmisch-Partenkirchen and Triberg or Titisee? We would like to experience as much as possible of these regions but with the least amount of travelling possible with our young son.
Would it be best to take a train from Amsterdam to Munich and then take (I assume) another train from Munich to Bavaria (or better to do Black Forest first?) or perhaps take a night train? or rather fly?
We are leaving in less than a month and still have no idea. I should mention that budget is an issue.
Any tips, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanking you in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 2 Help with Country House Hotel Christmas 2018
- 3 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 4 Airport Transfer
- 5 1st Birthday Party in Italy questions
- 6 Order of Amalfi visit in October
- 7 10 Days in May: Switzerland Itinerary Help
- 8 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 9 5 nights in Spain, need help!
- 10 Drive from Paris to Mont St Michael
- 11 Again, onboard robbery attempts on trains leaving Milano Centrale station
- 12 Which Aran Island??
- 13 Easter Week in Italy
- 14 Getting to FCO from Rome
- 15 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 16 Mifi rentals for Portugal
- 17 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 18 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 19 Moscow Hotels
- 20 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 21 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 22 Dublin to Donegal
- 23 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 24 "Occupied" TV series: On location in Oslo
- 25 Cotswold - great food & ambience for lunch!