Holiday in London Nov 29-Dec 7

Old Jan 19th, 2020, 01:18 PM
Original Poster

Holiday in London Nov 29-Dec 7

I decided to finally visit London during the holiday season. This was my eighth trip to London and my first at this time of the year. My purpose was two fold: 1. To experience London in its holiday best and 2. I recently started a tour organizing business and this trip was a "scouting" trip to see what experiences I might be able to have with my group. (this is my third year traveling as a tax write off!). I left from O'Hare on Thanksgiving evening after cooking our noon time Thanksgiving dinner and had an 8:30 flight on British Airways. The flight went well, we were done boarding early and the middle seat was empty! It was great to have that extra space plus the flight landed 30min early in London. This was also my first time traveling with Global Entry and Trusted Traveler status, it was very pleasant going through security this time! I must say the e gates at LHR were great and It was one hour from landing, through immigration, picked up baggage and was on the Tube headed for Victoria. I usually stay at the Lime Tree on Ebury Street in Belgravia just a few blocks from Victoria Station. The Lime Tree informed me a few months before the trip that they would sadly be closing for renovation starting Dec 1 and I could therefore only stay 2 nights...plus they comped one night! I love this hotel, staff and breakfast so it was sad not to stay the whole trip with them. I wanted to stay nearby, so I found a deal ($150) at the Holiday Inn Express on Belgravia Road just a block from Pimlico Station. It was a good choice. To show how eager the Lime Tree was to start their reno, I had breakfast on Dec 1, left my luggage, went on a walking tour, returned at 1PM to retrieve my luggage and demo was already well on its way! They called me a car and for 5 pounds had a very welcome ride between hotels.

On arrival day, I checked into the hotel, lay down for about an hour and then set out to walk toward Buckingham Palace. I thought that I might stop into the Queen's Gallery to see the George IV exhibition, but it was strangely closed and I started to notice a lot of police, I assumed it was because of the NATO meeting, but I found out later it was because of the declared "terrorist" attack at London Bridge. I started getting a lot of messages checking on my well being. I assured everyone I was no where near the site of the attack. I walked past the Palace down The Mall and turned at the Duke of York Monument up to Waterloo Place and onward to Picadilly Circus. I then followed Regent Street which was very crowded on Black Friday. I turned off onto Carnaby Street and enjoyed the energy of the crowd and the great sea life decorations overhead, they were all made out of recycled plastic and was a statement about the amount of plastic in our seas. I made it to Liberty which was very crowded but there was also some nice Black Friday sales, so I did some shopping because of the discount! I exited Liberty and it was getting dark so I was able to take some good photos and video of the lights on Oxford and Regent Streets. I was getting tired so I headed back to the Lime Tree to watch TV and get some much needed Sleep.

Sat, Nov 30 I had nothing planned. I knew a friend was going to be in London so I kept my plans open. Pierre contacted me in the morning and said that he was attending the Tottingham match, but a friend of his had two extra tickets to see Mary Poppins that evening. I agreed and we decided to meet at the theater that evening. That was settled so I looked more closely at what London Walks had on their agenda. I decided on a tour of Oscar Wilde's London. It was a great tour of Mayfair and visited several spots I had been unaware of and as I have come to find, there is a whole city hiding just off the main streets, with the various "hidden" squares and passageways that make up this great city. I stopped at the new Hard Rock Cafe at Picadilly Circus and had lunch. I was able to then visit the Christmas Market at Leicester Square and the market in Trafalgar Square. I returned to the hotel, had a lie down and then headed off to see Mary Poppins. It is good to see a friendly, familiar face when traveling and always good to catch up with Pierre, he is from Leipzig and we met trading pins at the London 2012 Olympics and have been able to meet up several times over the years including both volunteering at the Olympics in Rio 2016. Mary Poppins was a great production and had several "show stopping" numbers. We ended the evening at a Patisserie Valerie for cappuccino and cake.

Sunday Dec 1. Today I started touring and attending the events I had planned. I started the day by checking out of the Lime Tree and then heading to Tower Hill to meet London Walks for a Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol and Seasonal Traditions walk. This was a great walk that explores The City and points out locations that related to Dickens and his writings. There is precious little that remains from Dickens's time but some of the churchyards and pubs. The guide was a Dickens scholar and really had some great insight into Dickens, Victorian London and Dickens influence on how we celebrate Christmas today. I must also note the the weather was perfect that week and was often sunny with temps in the 40-50 range by afternoon. The walk ended near St. Pauls, so I visited the roof of One New Change to get that great view of St. Paul's and the London skyline. I walked to St. Paul's and had lunch in the crypt. I headed back to the Lime Tree, retrieved my bags, then checked into the Holiday Inn Express. I headed out at 3PM to make my way to Westminster Abbey to attend the Advent Service at 4. I was seated in the the crossing between the quire and the alter, I was a bit surprised to be presented with a candle and to have the service conducted with everyone holding a lit candle! It was a beautiful service and was the first time I got to experience W.A. as the religious site that it is. The service was about an hour and I headed out to Covent Garden to have dinner and then attend "A West End Christmas" benefit concert at St. Paul's (the Actors Church). I stopped for dinner at a Bella Italia and then took a walk around the Covent Garden Market and the lovely decorations and overall holiday vibe. The Christmas show was a lot of fun, all of the performers were cast members of current West End shows with each doing a holiday or festive song. The biggest ovation was for "the Baricade Boys" from Les Miz singing an acapella version of Bohemian Rhapsody. This was a great show that was largely a local affair and was a fundraiser for an AIDS charity. They even handed out mice pies and mulled wine at the interval, plus a Christmas cracker for the finale....good fun. This was a great end to my first weekend in London.
Old Jan 19th, 2020, 01:38 PM
Original Poster

Carnaby Street

St. Paul's from One New Change

Regent Street

Covent Garden

A West End Christmas at the Actor's Church
Old Jan 19th, 2020, 02:15 PM

Your scouting trip sounds and looks great. More please!
Old Jan 19th, 2020, 02:44 PM

>>>Holiday in London Nov 29-Dec 7<<<

Our trips totally overlapped: I flew out on Thanksgiving and flew home Dec 6th, we both stayed in Pimlico, both saw Mary Poppins, both went to Kew - waiting to see where else out paths may have crossed.

>>>I usually stay at the Lime Tree on Ebury Street in Belgravia<<<

I've stayed at B+B Belgravia several times which is in the same block as the Lime Tree
Old Jan 19th, 2020, 03:10 PM

Oh, what a wonderful TR! How nice to not only get to see Mary Poppins but to see it with a friendly face! I'm glad you were able to meet up again with your friend. The Advent service sounds like it was absolutely lovely. Your photos are beautiful! I agree with TDudette - more please!
Old Jan 19th, 2020, 05:43 PM

I would love to attend a service at Westminster. Very nice that you were able to do that. Great pictures. Nice that they used recycled plastic for the sea creatures.

Just went and found this.

Who can attend a service at Westminster Abbey?

Everyone’s welcome at all our regular services. There’s no charge, and you don’t need to reserve a seat – but we suggest you arrive well before the start time.

For most of our special services, attendance is by invitation only. You can apply for free tickets to some special services, check our special services listings for details.

You’ll also need tickets for some of our popular Christmas services. Free tickets are usually available from mid-November.

Last edited by Macross; Jan 19th, 2020 at 05:46 PM.
Old Jan 20th, 2020, 10:12 AM
Original Poster

Thanks all for your kind comments. I love London and love returning as I always learn so much more about the history and I always come away with something new. The service at Westminster Abbey was a public service that you only needed to show up and be allowed in. If I had gotten in line earlier, I might have been able to sit in the Quire. My viewpoint was not direct, but they did have tv screens to show the service. It was quite the procession of about 20 church people and with the beautiful choir voices, it really made the service a great experience. I will add more tonight.
Old Jan 20th, 2020, 06:19 PM
Original Poster

One of the reasons I love traveling is that I get a lot of exercise in! When I travel alone I will just start walking and pretty soon you have 8-10 miles in for a day. This is also exhausting as I live a pretty sedentary life and its my goal this year to change that so that I can have more stamina. I always feel better after 7-10 days away.

Monday Dec 2: I made my second visit on this trip to Westminster Abbey. The last few times I havevisited, it was very crowded and I really wanted to see the new Queen's Diamond Jubilee Galleries. I planned to visit W.A at opening and I chose the first visit up to the Galleries at 10 AM. I got to the Abbey at my entry time at 9:30 and decided to take the 11:30 Verger tour. I planned it all well, I took a quick look around at the Abbey and made my way to the entrance of the Galleries. I was first in line (there actually was no line!) and got my workout walking up the steps to the Galleries. I am so glad I did the this. The views of both the interior and exterior of the Abbey were well worth it. It was cool to be up close to some of the details on the buttresses and exterior of the Abbey and then to have the view over the alter and nave was wonderful. The artifacts on display in the Galleries were fascinating as they had everything from carvings to royal effigies to documents and random finds from life at Westminster Abbey over the past 900+ years. This history and architecture nerd was very satisfied, and I had it almost all to myself! I met for the Verger Tour and our small group of 10 had a great time being guided around the Abbey and I believe this was my first time to see the Shrine of Edward the Confessor. It is always interesting to see the many layers of history in buildings like this and to see how former pilgrims and visitors had treated the shrine and abbey over the centuries. By the time the tour was finished, I needed to eat so I headed out to the Cloisters to see the Chapter House and England's oldest door! I had a nice(but pricey) steak and ale stew at the Celarium Cafe and then ended my visit to Westminster Abbey.
I headed out from Westminster Abbey and caught the tube to Knightsbridge to brave Harrod's. Harrod's is usually a mad house and this visit was no different. It seems as if the whole place is being remodeled into new dining experiences. It was fun though to buy some Christmas ornaments and shop in the Harrod's tourist shop to pick up some gifts and souvenirs for the folks back home. I then headed out to Hyde Park to experience the Winter Wonderland. It was about 3PM and knew that it would be getting dark in an hour so I took my time walking through Hyde Park and enjoyed sitting and people watching for a bit. I then pushed on to the Winter Wonderland and I actually kind of enjoyed it. My timing was perfect as it was late afternoon on a Monday some what early in the season. The market stalls were interesting and took lots of photos without large crowds in the way. I stopped for a hot chocolate and it was just the pick me up and warm up I needed. The Winter Wonderland is huge and has, I believe 4 different "lands" each themed with different stalls, food and rides. It was fun to walk around and when all of the lights came up as it got dark it was truly a site to see. It was truly a Christmas market on steroids! I made my way out to Hyde Park Corner and walked on to Green Park where I caught the Tube back to Pimlico. I was exhausted so I relaxed in my room and decided to walk up to the Pizza Express on Moreton Street just around the corner from my hotel. Pizza Express is always one of my "go to" places in London, especially when I travel alone. I am no foodie and so when traveling I have some UK chains that I visit (Pizza Express, Bella Italia, Pret...etc). It was surprising busy at 7:30 on a Monday evening. It was just what I needed.

Tuesday Dec 3: I had to get up early as I had an early access tour of the Tower of London and I needed to meet my guide at 8:15. I love the Tower of London, but it is expensive to see too often so I try to limit my visits to every other trip, haha. I got a free tour voucher from a company called Take Walks( they operate all over Europe and the US). I used the voucher for the 79 tour that promised the Opening Ceremony and first access to the Crown Jewels. The tour was the perfect price...free! It was a great tour and our guide Salvatore was wonderful. We had a group of about 10 and we met outside the entrance at 8:15 and were fitted with our ear pieces and were on our way. We were given and introduction and about 8:30 we were greeted on the drawbridge by the Traitors Gate by one of the Yeoman Warders (Beefeater). We were introduced to the tower and then led in to where we had a session of "ask a Beefeater!" He then explained the ceremony we were going to see and explained that the Chief Yeoman Warder would come down to the gate with the keys, meet up with the guards for the day and then march to the main entrance through the Byward Tower to unlock the doors for the days. It was a fun sight, not as dramatic as the Ceremony of the Keys at night, but fun none the less. It was special that day because it was the Navy that had guard duty and that is a rare occurrence so it was special for the Warders to have. We then progressed to the Crown Jewels and had them all to ourselves! There were very few visitors and it was a great time to see the jewels and to explore The Tower. Salvatore was a great guide, this was actually my first guided tour of The Tower as I usually just explore it on my own and his insight really added to the experience. I was also fortunate in that I was able to finally meet and get a selfie with The Ravenmaster! The Ravenmaster is the Yeoman Warder entrusted to look after the Ravens in the Tower. I have been following him on Facebook for years and read his book last year. He was very accomodating and he even obliged me when I asked him to do a quick Happy Christmas greeting to my best friend who is more of a fan than I am ...I revealed the message to him on Christmas and he was gobsmacked to have the message as one of his Christmas gifts! It was a beautiful sunny day so I lingered at The Tower, had fish and chips in the cafe and then headed out across Tower Bridge to explore the Southbank.
The Southbank from Tower Bridge to the Tate Modern was a series of Christmas markets offering various items and some great food items. It is always a pleasant walk and was the perfect day to get some great views of the Thames and the London skyline. I walked up to Millennium Bridge and had a great sunlit, late afternoon view of St,Pauls! I walked to Blackfriers and took the Tube back to the hotel to relax and refresh. I was fortunate to look up events at Westminster Abbey in early October and saw that there was to be a performance of Handel's Messiah at 7PM on Dec 3. I didn't hesitate and bought tickets immediately! I am so glad I did. The performance was magical as it was the Choir of Westminster Abbey and an orchestra of period instruments. It gives one chills to know that Handel is buried right there and had performed the Messiah at Westminster Abbey himself. It was another great experience on this amazing week. (and my last visit to W.A)

Wednesday Dec 4: I decided to visit the Charles Dickens Museum as the home is decorated for the holiday and they have a special exhibit about A Christmas Carol and other artifacts. The museum did not disappoint! The house is at 48 Doughty Street not too far from Russell Square, the route to the house is well marked and an easy walk. The home is done up and interpreted as if the Dickens family is living there. They really do it up for Christmas and it is set up for a holiday party. Charles Dickens loved Christmas and wrote several stories about the season and not just A Christmas Carol. The artifacts in the museum are fascinating and you get to see his desk and many other personal effects. They do a great job of interpreting his life and are not shy about the more scandalous parts. They also have a nice exhibit on A Christmas Carol with copies of various editions of the book and They also displayed what is considered one of the first Christmas cards ever produced. It was fun visit that will be one of the highlights for my tour group! It was another nice and sunny day so I took my time strolling back to Russell Square. I took the tube to Leicester Square and walked through Chinatown and had lunch at a Vietnamese restaurant, a bowl of delicious Pho was perfect, as where the really crunchy summer rolls. I visited the LEGO store in Leicester Square and was able to find some exclusives that we do not have here in the states, more Christmas shopping done! I visited the Christmas market in Leicester Square again and then headed back to the hotel to refresh and then head out to Christmas at Kew
I am so glad I was able to go to Christmas at Kew! Kew has always been on my list of attractions, but never had the time in the past. I always assumed I would go in the spring or summer, but it being the season, I am glad I went. My appointed time was 5:30 and I headed out early thinking I would explore Kew before heading into the garden. I found there was not much to spend time at in Kew so I walked up to Newan's Maids of Honor to have one of the "famous" maids of honor pastries, I bought one and a small pear tart and they were both very good. It was getting cold and damp to I walked back toward Kew station and stopped into Starbucks for a hot chocolate and wait in a warm place until my entry time. I nursed that hot chocolate for about and hour and then walked back up to the Kew garden entrance, I still had about a 15 minute wait, but they let me in early. It is not hard to find your way as you enter and you just follow the crowd on the one way route that was paved nicely but very dark at times. The light installations were incredible and each section had its own them. The displays were more than just lights, they were sound and light shows with some being laser shows. My favorites were the Cathedral of Light(a cool light tunnel), the fire garden with actual flames rather than lights and the best was the waterfall almost 50' tall in a forest glen with amazing music and the choreographed light show, very immersive and very cool. They had set up various stopping points for food an beverages and to shop. The grand finale was a great fountain/projection/laser/music show with the Palm House as the backdrop! It was one of the coolest light shows I have seen and it took 2+ hours take it all in! I finally left and took the Tube back to Pimlico and I stopped and ate a late dinner at Pimlico Tandoori , just around the corner from my hotel.
Old Jan 20th, 2020, 06:31 PM
Original Poster

Inside the Chapter House at Westminster Abbey

A booth at Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park

Winter Wonderland at Hyde Park

Charles Dickens Museum

The Waterfall at Christmas at Kew

Christmas at Kew

Cathedral of Light at Christmas at Kew
Old Jan 20th, 2020, 06:52 PM
Original Poster

Meeting the Ravenmaster!
Old Jan 20th, 2020, 08:46 PM

"The Waterfall at Christmas at Kew"
Just curious. Was there music along witth the lights? I ask because the Atlanta Botanical Garden added a light feature with matching music.
Your photos are gorgeous! Now going back to read the new installments.
Old Jan 20th, 2020, 08:56 PM

as you know from my own TR we probably took photos of the Kew Cathedral of Light, Palm House, etc within maybe 30 minutes of each other.

Neat that you met Christopher Skaife! I have his book too.
Old Jan 21st, 2020, 06:15 AM
Original Poster

Hi all!
Starrs: yes, there was music and it was all choreographed. It was a very "new age" composition with water and woodland sounds too. They had it so that you felt surrounded by the sound and light (there were lights on the ground too). This was all definitely a step above the nice light show our local botanical gardens does.

janisj: Yes, I think I got the Kew idea from one of your posts last fall. It was a "fan boy" thrill to meet Christopher Skaife, I had to excuse myself from my tour when I saw him since I did not want to miss my opportunity. I am glad the crowd was light and there was no one around him at the time. He was very gracious and nice.

I have two more days to post and will get them posted tonight. I have a day in Bath and my special behind the ropes tour at Windsor Castle!
Old Jan 21st, 2020, 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by olympicgaym View Post
Hi all!
Starrs: yes, there was music and it was all choreographed. It was a very "new age" composition with water and woodland sounds too. They had it so that you felt surrounded by the sound and light (there were lights on the ground too). This was all definitely a step above the nice light show our local botanical gardens does.
That's exactly what this new installation was like! Now I know what the inspiration may have been! The experience was magical. We heard the music as we walked in the gardens but as we neared the music was from the Nutcracker. The first song I heard was Louis Armstrong singing "What a wonderful world". I think next year, I'm going to plant myself on a bench to soak it all in. Thanks!

Last edited by starrs; Jan 21st, 2020 at 06:39 AM.
Old Jan 21st, 2020, 12:41 PM

You have some great pictures. I need to upgrade for the night photos. I want to do the Westminster tour now. I am really enjoying your report. We love food but don't want to spend the trip eating or paying for it. I make maybe one reservation a trip. We do lunch out and drink dinner. Snacks or something light.

Last edited by Macross; Jan 21st, 2020 at 12:44 PM.
Old Jan 21st, 2020, 05:53 PM
Original Poster

Hi all, thanks for following the journey !

Macross: I took most of the night photos with my iPhone X and also had my Canon SLR. I enjoy eating out more when I am with friends or with one of my tour groups, I am more willing to make it an event! I have had some great meals and drinks in London though when visiting with friends.

Thursday Dec 5: I wanted to do a day trip to a new to me location and I chose to finally visit Bath. The bonus with Bath is that they have a well regarded Christmas market that is mostly local artists and food vendors so I wanted to check that out too. So many people mention Bath when they visit the UK, it seems very popular especially among American tourists. It has always been on my radar, but just never made it. Georgian/Regency architecture is one of my favorites so Bath was the place for me. I bought my ticket in October and took a late morning train from Paddington that put me in Bath at about 11:30. When I arrived I followed the crowd off the train and found my way into "central" Bath and was soon looking at market stalls and the beautiful Bath Abbey. I found the Tourist Information Center and grabbed a free map that had a marked out walking tour to see the highlights so I started on my walk through Bath, first up was the beautiful view of the Pulteney Bridge and the River Avon. It was another sunny day and the view was just like a postcard. I walked along the River and up to Pulteney Bridge and walked across the bridge taking in the beautiful golden colored townhouses up to the Holburne Museum. I loved the symmetry of it all and enjoyed the doors being festooned with greens and other holiday decorations. I walked back across the river and made my way up the hill toward The Circus and on to the wonderful Royal Crescent. On a whim, I decided to tour No. 1 Royal Crescent and had a great tour of the townhouse and had some great conversations with the guides in each room. They had it all decorated for Christmas through the years from 1700's to the 1970's, it was fascinating. I was well after 2 by this time and I worked my way back down the hill from the Royal Crescent and stopped at Pizza Express for lunch. It felt good to have a seat and rest for a bit. I made my way back toward the Roman baths. The Roman Bath was on my must see list and I am so glad I did! They present the history of the baths so well and I was pleasantly surprised at how much I learned. I peaked into the elegant Pump Room and even sampled the fabled waters. It was getting dark as I left the Baths and made my way across the square to check out Bath Abbey. Bath Abbey is currently undergoing some renovations so only half of it is accessible but it was still a magnificent building with wonderful fan vaulting. I was greeted by a children's choir singing the 12 Days of Christmas as I left the Abbey and onto the square. The choir really put me into the Christmas mood and I hit the Christmas market. The Bath Christmas Market is really several markets spread throughout the center of Bath. I had a great time shopping in the glow of the stalls and found some nice small artwork to buy and had fun looking at all of the different crafts on display. The food was good too! I was really getting tired so I worked my way back toward the station and stopped for cake and a hot chocolate at the Southgate shopping area to pass the time until my 7:45 train back to London....a very full, but yet another great day on this holiday trip!

Friday Dec 6: I had nothing planned until my exclusive evening tour of Windsor Castle at 6 PM. I wanted to get some more shopping done, so I headed over to Oxford Street to see what Selfridges had on offer for the Holidays. It was not very crowded on this Friday morning so it was pleasant to look around at the Christmas shop and other areas of the store. I exited Selfridges and was greeted by a light rain...the first "bad" weather of my week! I walked down Oxford Street checking out some of the other stores and at one point found myself on a charming side street with great overhead decorations, St. Christopher Place. I walked down to Liberty to take one last look. It was much less crowded than the week before, but alas no good sales. I walked down Regent Street, stopping at Hamleys and then catching the Tube at Picadilly Circus. I took my shopping bags back to my hotel, sat and packed a bit before heading out again for Windsor.

I have visited Windsor Castle a few time before, but I wanted to see it decorated for Christmas. I saw that they had and exclusive evening tour available so I decided that was the way to go. It was more expensive than the regular admission, but they did promise champagne and a shop discount! I made my way to Windsor and had an early dinner at the Duchess of Cambridge Pub, just across from the Castle. I had a mulled wine to warm up and had a tasty roasted flat iron steak in mushroom gravy with mash and peas. It hit the spot. I had about 45 to kill so I explored the festive, regal lights over the streets an watched and interesting light show projection on one of the castle towers. I made my way up to the Castle entrance about 15 min early and soon others were there to meet for the tour, it was very dark and cold. Our guide and a guard met us and led us into the castle. The guide was a very distinguished, but no stuffy, older gentleman and he was a great guide for the evening. We had members of our group from the US, Australia and the UK it was all very relaxed. It was pointed out to us that the Queen was there ( the royal standard was flying above the round tower), but it was unlikely she would come by and say hello. We were led into the Castle and progressed on the usual tourist route. It was great because we had our own guide for our group of 12 and he really did let us go behind the ropes to get a closer look at the furnishings and artwork! The tour lasted about 2 hours and we were then led over to a gift shop where we had our champagne and mince pies. The 20% discount was used and we were given a free guidebook and a validated ticket so we could return in the next year. It was very dark on the Windsor Castle grounds and it was an overall fun experience. I was very happy as I walked back to the train station and reflected on my wonderful week. I am always sad to leave,

Saturday Dec 7: I had a 12:10 departure from Heathrow so I arranged for Blackberry Cabs to pick me up 8:10. The car was early, and I got to Heathrow in record time, but that is fine as I like the shops in Terminal 5 and had breakfast. Once again the middle seat was open in my row and there were several open seats throughout the plane so people got to relax and spread out! The flight was on time an uneventful and using Global Entry on my return to O'Hare was a breeze, definitely worth it!
Old Jan 21st, 2020, 06:17 PM
Original Poster

Pulteney Bridge, Bath

The Royal Crescent, Bath

Roman Baths, Bath

Bath Abbey

Bath Christmas Market

Winsor

Windsor

Windsor
Old Jan 21st, 2020, 06:43 PM

Great report -- we really did luck out with the weather. You had rain the one day -- which was the day I flew home so didn't have even that much.

Surprised you had never made it to Bath on previous trips - isn't it lovely!

Old Jan 21st, 2020, 08:38 PM
Original Poster

Janis- Thanks it was a great week and hope to return this year with a group!

Bath was amazing, it is totally my architecture and I love places with those layers of history. I have only been to York, Salisbury, and Dover as day trips. I have a list a mile long of other places to visit, I just need to make it a priority to get beyond London more! I am leading a small group to Scotland in June.
Old Jan 21st, 2020, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by olympicgaym View Post

Windsor
Gor-geous!

And this sounds wonderful!
" I had a mulled wine to warm up and had a tasty roasted flat iron steak in mushroom gravy with mash and peas. It hit the spot. "

Loving your TR!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FODOR'S VIDEO