Hippopotamous in France

Mar 27th, 2007, 08:19 PM
Original Poster

Hippopotamous in France

Anybody have a copy of a menu from Hippopotamous in France
Mar 28th, 2007, 07:10 AM

We thought the food was Denny's quality, at about 3 times the price.
Mar 28th, 2007, 12:06 PM
Original Poster

thanks-- trying to eat healthly on my trip. coud not pull up the menu, but will plan ahead for this meal.
Mar 28th, 2007, 12:13 PM

If you're trying to eat healthily in Paris, I should think Hippopotamus would be about the last place to look.
Mar 28th, 2007, 12:41 PM

What has given you the idea that Hippopotamous is a place for "healthy" food (as oppoed to other restaurants n Paris)? They are very kid-friendly and they DO give the kids green beans instead of fries. They have the coolest balloons ever, and fun wall art. But the food, I suspect, is mostly bought frozen in bags. Before I went there, I didn't know that such meals were available in Paris.
Mar 28th, 2007, 01:26 PM

I'm with Missypie and st. cirq - Skip the Hippo unless you have small children that will appreciate the candies, balloons, and Dora the Explorer on the plasma TVs.

I ate there just about every week when I lived in Paris because my small kids adored it and it reminded them of home. The food is OK - more like an Outback than a Denny's - and its not cheap (I'm curious where you heard this was healthy food?).

For the same price, you could be getting an incredible meal with fresh ingredients in literally hundreds of other bistros/restaurants in Paris. I never understood why you would eat there if you didn't have little kids?
Mar 28th, 2007, 02:47 PM
Original Poster

Thanks again for the info. I understand what you are saying about the food. We are on a tour, I am going through the list of places where we HAVE to stop, and making plans accordingy. So I will plan ahead for this stop-- perhaps a diet coke and may bring something with (Like a French pastry from another stop) I am a about eating the great food in France but must --space-- myself. If I would have to eat high cal foods at this Hippo place, I may has well bring something I would enjoy. Any ideas?
Mar 28th, 2007, 03:13 PM

Well, you've got the menu now, thanks to WillTravel. It doesn't all look high-cal to me. And I wouldn't plan to walk into Hippopotamus with goodies from somewhere else, unless you can hide in the restroom and eat it.
Mar 28th, 2007, 04:05 PM

Bit confused...you are on a tour...and you are planning your stops...and Hyppo is one place your are going to go out of your way to eat at? Are you the organizer of this tour? Is this place a location that others on the tour want to go to?

If you got other suggestions...would you be willing to plan for another place? Where will you be in Paris?

As an alternative, look at the Paul chain of bakery and sandwich shops. Good food, cheap, fast. There is also Manon, on Rue St Antoine in the 4th-Marais...same type of place.
Mar 28th, 2007, 07:13 PM
Original Poster

I am not the organizer of the tour. I may just opt out of the Hippo and find something else close to the Hotel. I really do not want to do a Denny type resturant in France. I am so happy to have checked this out before the trip thank you for all of the suggestions. This may be my only trip to France and I want a good experience> I can do a hamburger joint in the US anyday. again thanks
Mar 29th, 2007, 07:31 AM

So what is the hotel and what town is it in..?