I am hesitating between Hinterglemm and Berchtesgaden as a home base to explore the area before moving on to Vienna. I do prefer the hotel in Hinterglemm however.
Our plan is to to some mountain trekking if the weather permits (we are going in September), visit Salzburg for a day, and enjoy the spa facilities at the hotel.
Are both areas pretty much equivalent in terms of convenience for driving around to interesting places for a few hours each day and cycling/trekking? Restaurants in the vicinity will not be an issue since both hotels have good restaurants.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Portugal
- 2 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 3 10 days in europe
- 4 Leaving Paris. Just a little sad.
- 5 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 6 Tips for first trip to UK
- 7 land vs river cruise
- 8 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 9 Where to stay in Naples?
- 10 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 11 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 12 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 13 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 14 Browsing Barcelona
- 15 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 16 Malaga Christmas lights
- 17 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 18 Croatia in mid/late October
- 19 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 20 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 21 Help with Venice Trip?
- 22 Dubrovnik
- 23 What happened to Sundriedtopepo
- 24 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 25 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!