Hilton Venice Stucky

Jan 12th, 2011, 08:22 PM
Original Poster

Hilton Venice Stucky

I am only finding older posts about this hotel and most seem to be about how to get there. I realize that staying at a Hilton in Venice is not my first choice however we have reward points to use and thought this might be a good place to use them. Soooo I am wondering if the place is in at all a good location or should we use the points elsewhere and go for something else in Venice. We will have three nights there.
Jan 12th, 2011, 09:14 PM

Have you read the very mixed reviews on tripadvisor.com and booking.com?

I guess if you don't mind being tied to the hotel's shuttle boat schedule, the location isn't necessarily bad. But some of the negative review comments would make me think twice about the value of 'free.'
Jan 12th, 2011, 10:17 PM

It depends if you need/want to be right in the central part of city, or if you are ok being across the water . There's not much around the island where the Hilton is.
What is your budget? Accomodation in Venice is expensive(you're lucky to find something less than $200/night) so using your points might be a good idea in terms of bang for the "points"
Jan 12th, 2011, 10:42 PM

I stayed at the Hilton for 5 nights in Fall 2009.

Granted, you need to plan for arrivals and departures due to the shuttle schedule. But, you also have the vaporetto only a 5 minute walk from the hotel (in either direction depending on where you want to go, e.g. St. Mark's or P. Roma directions).

I'm a Diamond member who used points there. I was upgraded to a suite. The Exec Lounge is a raised area off the main lounge/bar area but the food there was terrific! And, free cocktails/wine. It is a lovely hotel.

The view of Venice from the rooftop pool and bar is great.

Is it more convenient to walk out your door and be in the midst of things? Yes. However, depending you where you are staying it may take you as long to get where you're going as taking the hotel shuttle or vaporetto.
Jan 13th, 2011, 02:07 AM

I’ve not stayed at the Hilton Molino Stucky, but the location in terms of seeing Venice is not that good. We were walking around that part of the world a week or two ago, so do know it reasonably well. It was very silent, a somewhat bleak feeling.

One of the delights of Venice is being able to step outside and enjoy street life, bars, people. When you step outside the Molino Stucky, there’s not much life happening. The western end of Giudecca is pretty quiet, and the Molino Stucky is almost next door to what used to be the Monastero della Maddalena – which is now the Womens Prison.

I’d be inclined to pick a hotel that does not need a ferry ride to get everywhere.
Jan 13th, 2011, 05:38 AM

We stayed at this Hilton in early July 2009 on points, and really enjoyed it. The roof pool was open, and it is beautiful sitting up on the deck after a day of sightseeing. We were not at all inconvenienced by using the hotel shuttle.

However, if you are the type of person who returns to their hotel room ten times a day, perhaps this would be a poor choice. The shuttle does end around midnight, after which you would need to find alternate transport. Also, if you are going to be in Venice when the pool and roof deck are not open, I would reconsider.

My view is that it is a good use of Hilton points. This hotel, and hotels in general in Venice are fairly pricey, so you are getting good value for your points. The lounge (as mentioned) is a section of the lobby, and had a sufficient breakfast and evening spread. I have stayed in some grotty Hiltons in Europe, and a few good ones. This one is quite decent.
Jan 13th, 2011, 05:41 AM

I meant to add, for detailed info look up the hotel on the Hilton section of flyertalk.com
Jan 13th, 2011, 05:51 AM

Have been stayed there good 5* value for the points for Venice

also great deals from $120/nt on Priceline

www.betterbidding.com

The downside is that it is on Giudecca great views

but a short vaporetto ride to San Marco where the action is.

When there last used my www.spg.com CC points to stay

at Westin Europa Regina got a Canal View Suite for

4500 points per nite plus $90/nt was a better location

with awesome views right AT St Marks square...

Might look at something like that...

Another great choice is the Danieli featured recently in

"The Tourist" good specials on Orbitz right now.

But for the money if you have the points the hilton is fine

Especially if free...

Happy Hunting,
Jan 13th, 2011, 09:20 AM

With the price of 4 star hotels in Venice, I would be happy to stay here using points and spend my money on other things. Club Access would be a big bonus as well.

There are trade offs to the location but I would take them.