Search

Hills and Roads vs CAF tours

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17th, 2006, 05:21 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hills and Roads vs CAF tours

Hi

I'm interested in a tour of Sienna and Chiani while in Florence. I would prefer it to be private and emailed Hills and Roads several times because of their great reviews on this site. I have not heard from them. Has anyone had the same problem with this company? It has been several days. Has anyone used CAF Tours? Are they just as good? Or is there another company you would all recommend?

Thanks for your advice.
Old Sep 17th, 2006, 05:53 AM

I assume you are talking about Luca Garapa of www.hillsandroads.com? If so, it is not a company per se, but rather a private person, i.e. Luca Garapa, who does these private tours. He has several colleagues that also are part of his little entourage. He is very popular so very busy and I know for a fact, because I am in contact with him regularly, that he does not manage to check his e-mail daily. He is so so worth trying again. The other place you ask about CAF, is indeed a big tour company which is totally different than the kind of tour you can get with Luca. Depends on what you are looking for. Let me know if I can help with anything else. and good luck.
Old Sep 17th, 2006, 06:10 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Flame123 for the info. I would really prefer a private tour. I don't want to keep email Luca to bother him but I need to nail down a date for late October. Do you know of any other private, reputable tour guides just in case it doesn't work out with him? Thanks
Old Sep 17th, 2006, 09:18 AM

Stone,
Keep e-mailing him until you get an answer. Even write "urgent please" in the title to maybe catch his attention. I tend to doubt though that he might have anything open for late October at this late time, but who knows? Keep trying.

As for others, he is the only guide that I personally have used and cannot comment on others but maybe other people here can help on that.

Old Sep 17th, 2006, 09:51 AM
Original Poster

Thanks so much. Meredith
Old Sep 17th, 2006, 10:25 AM

Anytime. Let us know how you fare.