Has anyone done any hiking on Lake Iseo or Lake Como?
Which lakes, hikes, places to stay are your favorites in the Italian Lake area? What side trips do you enjoy from the Lakes that are reachable by public transportation? Any suggestions of lakeside town to home base in?
We are leaving Oct 11 for an 11 day trip to the Italian Lakes. We have been doing alot of looking at different areas to stay in and this is our tentative plan. Our plan is to Hike and eat and Hike and eat and do a some small town exploring and then Hike and eat some more. Would like to stay in no more than 3 places (2 would be even better) we do not want to rent a car. Just want to relax and slowly enjoy what is around us. We are both in our 60's (boy that was hard to type )
This is what we are thinking of doing so far:
Fly into Milan
Travel to Lake Iseo do an apartment rental in Iseo for 3 night
Move to Menaggio on Lake Como - stay for 5 nights in a rental
That leaves 2 nights we need suggestions for
(We are not locked into these 2 lakes any advise is welcomed) (Anyone have a favorite Hike) We decided to Iseo first because it looked like a great place to chill out after our overseas flight. But if anyone thinks we should start on a different lake first please chime in.
And the last night we will spend in or near Milan for our 9:50 am flight home.
Here are some of my questions:
Best way to get to Iseo from Milan airport (public transportation)
Should we check out another lake for our last 2 days? We were thinking of Chinque Terra but this is not really on my to do list. I know it is very popular but...we enjoy not so popular. I fear it might be crazy like the Amalfi coast was (UGH!)
Or should we travel up north a little more (might not be doable without a car)
We are opened to any suggestion.
Also suggestions on where to stay near Milan airport for a morning flight.
Thanks for any input.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 2 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 3 Algarve Town Selection
- 4 Tips for first trip to UK
- 5 paris to london- day trip
- 6 Browsing Barcelona
- 7 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 8 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 9 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 10 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 11 Buying a motorcycle in Europe??
- 12 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 13 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 14 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 15 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 16 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 17 Portugal
- 18 Pisa Central to Hotel Kinzica at late night.
- 19 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 20 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 21 GTG Paris December 2017
- 22 10 Days in Austria
- 23 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 24 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 25 Feedback on where to go (23 Mar to 8 Apr 2018)