Reload this Page >

Hikes/walks in Amalfi, Sorrento,Positano area

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17th, 2002, 10:18 AM
caplanco

Will spend a week or two in area. Best place to rent an apt.? Suggested moderate/easy walks/hikes? Other activities? Restaurants you like?

Old Aug 17th, 2002, 11:07 AM
Marsha

We spent 3 days in Positano this Spring and found many great restaurants. One of our favorites was Donna Rosa's, a small, charming family-run restaurant in a small community near Positano. We drove but had I known how steep and narrow the road was I would have taken a cab. But the food and atmosphere were great. Also the food and atmosphere were exquisite though expensive.

Old Aug 18th, 2002, 04:19 AM
Steve James

Marsha - Where is Donna Rosa's please?<BR>Sounds like my kinda place ...<BR><BR>

Old Aug 18th, 2002, 05:37 AM
Mari

Caplanco, you will love this part of Italy. We spent two weeks last summer in Massa Lubrense. Do a search here and you will find some info (For Mary Parts 1 and 2) I posted about the area. <BR><BR>We enjoyed the Ristorante Riccardo de Francischiello which is located in the Hotel Bellavista not far from downtown Sorrento.<BR><BR>Here is a website which may interest you for guided hikes, walks, etc. Check out the old postcards of the area which are also on this site. <BR><BR>http://www.giovis.com/Egiovis.htm<BR><BR>Enjoy your trip!<BR>

Old Aug 18th, 2002, 09:06 AM
marsha

Steve, Donna Rosa's is in a small hill top community called Montepertuso. Anyone in Positano can tell you how to get there. I believe a bus runs there in the early evening or you could get them to call a cab.<BR>I omitted the name of my second restaurant suggetion it was in the Sirenuse Hotel, expensive; but with a wonderful view and wonderful service.

Old Aug 18th, 2002, 12:32 PM
Mari

I'm not sure if you can access the old postcards from the website I gave earlier, so here is the postcard website. I hope you all enjoy looking at these as much as do. <BR><BR><BR>http://www.massalubrense.it/fotodepoca.htm

Old Aug 18th, 2002, 03:19 PM
Nan

Mari, the postcard photos were great. Thanks for posting this website. I haven't been to this part of Italy yet, but I will think about it for my next visit.

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 03:15 AM
Steve James

Thanks Marsha. I meant to go up to Montepertuso last time and never quite made it. Now I've got an excuse. <BR>Did you see the see-through mountain?<BR><BR>Mari - I enjoyed the photo site. Thanks for posting it.<BR><BR>Here's another one with superb pics of the Amalfi CoastBR>www.capri-exclusive.com<BR>Enjoy!<BR><BR>Steve