Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Hi, it's Mina, and I need help for Munich (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/hi-its-mina-and-i-need-help-for-munich-184204/)

Mina Jan 21st, 2003 05:00 AM

Hi, it's Mina, and I need help for Munich

Hello fodorites, <BR><BR>Everything is going great, and I am having all kinds of interesting adventures. I am currently in Rothenburg o b T and need some help for Munich tomorrow. There is only this one little internet terminal at the tourist info center, everything else is closed. <BR><BR>Does anyone know of a good reasonable place to stay near the Marienplatz in Munich? I have a list I took with me before I left, so I just sent emails to Hotel Uhland. I am also checking the4you hostel, and Hotel Jedermann. Any other suggestions, in case these are booked, would be great. <BR><BR>Rothenburg is wonderful in the winter...I have the whole place to myself. But many things are closed, so I think I'll head on out of here tomorrow. <BR><BR>Thanks in advance. I'll check back before the tourist office closes in two hours.

Oh Jan 21st, 2003 05:13 AM

oh yeah, this is a really good use of travel time in Europe.<BR><BR>Shows all the benefits of planning ahead.<BR>

Bill Jan 21st, 2003 05:20 AM

If you're travelling by train and don't have a reservation set before you leave, the station in Munich has an excellent tourist desk that will help you quickly find accomodations.

scarlett Jan 21st, 2003 06:14 AM

<BR>Oh &amp; anon, where is this any different from any other poster asking about places to stay in a certain city? you two sound a little too envious, try reading a book or getting out more.<BR><BR>Mina,<BR>I am afraid I have no help for you until tomorrow, when I would be able to find some inexpensive lodging in Germany, if you want to email me privately, I will give you a list..Take care and Have a safe time!<BR>Scarlett<BR>

anon2 Jan 21st, 2003 06:15 AM

Anon, maybe because we look forward to reading her trip report when she comes home. Mina, I am sorry I have no advice!

Jimbo Jan 21st, 2003 06:22 AM

Hey Mina<BR><BR>Sorry to hear of your predicament, and doubly sorry I can't help, other than to say please please ignore the idiots at the top of this thread, they're clearly not regular enough to realise the significance of your contributions.<BR><BR>Good luck with everything...!

Mina Jan 21st, 2003 06:29 AM

Hi guys...<BR><BR>I apologize for annoying some of you. This is a spontaneous kind of a trip, and Munich is one of the few cities I didn't research for, so I thought I'd ask for some help, now that I decided to go there.<BR><BR>Anon, really, is such as nasty reply necessary? I assure you, I have friends. I just like to travel alone from time to time, and this forum is a helpful place for me to plan. I would not have posted at all, had not the only real Internet cafe in town been closed (then I could have had the luxury of time to check out a few things myself). But you are entitled to your opinion.<BR><BR>I promise not to put any more posts with my name on it. =P<BR><BR>Thanks to those of you who have offered help. I got a couple of replies from hotels, so at least I know I will find something when I get there. Now I am off to make &quot;better use of my traveling time.&quot;

Ira Jan 21st, 2003 06:34 AM

Hi Mina<BR> We stayed at the Hotel Uhland in Spring, 1998. Liked it very much.

John Jan 21st, 2003 06:47 AM

Mina:<BR><BR>Keep the posts comming!! I can not help with Munich but if you are going to Garmish stay at the Frauendorfer! It is a 'Mina&quot; type of place!<BR>As a frequent member of this forum I find your recap posts delightful!<BR>We have to plow thru the a..holes that have no life and envy those that do!<BR>JOhn

jack Jan 21st, 2003 07:33 AM

Trey Hotel Bristol WWW.bristol-muc.com We stayed there in may and it is verynice,inexpensive and well located,walkto station and marianplatz. have a nice trip

ellen Jan 21st, 2003 09:09 AM

Hi Mina, please keep your name in the post...that way I won't miss your lovely reports. Anyways, if you are spending some time in Munich and the weather is fairly nice, be sure and check out the English Gardens. We were there last year and were so surprised to see surfers riding the river as it came from under the streets. No ocean waves needed for these guys, and lots of fun to watch. Have a great trip!

Pam Jan 21st, 2003 09:22 AM

Mina, keep putting your names on the posts, that way we know you need immediate information. Ignore the jealous people who write here, and keep having a good time. Feel free to ask any questions, and if I know any answers I will post them right back.

Tom Jan 21st, 2003 09:25 AM

Absolutely put your name on there so everyone else will know your a priority and other travelers questions will just have to wait to be answered!!!

Renee Jan 21st, 2003 09:31 AM

Mina,<BR><BR>Please keep your name in your superb posts!! I hope that you were able to find a room...good luck!!<BR><BR>Renee

flygirl Jan 21st, 2003 09:35 AM

Mina<BR><BR>keep your name in the posts - the index/search function doesn't always work as well as it should and we want to be able to find your posts more easily!<BR><BR>no reason why you shouldn't use the internet while traveling - it aids spontaneity rather than decreases it (otherwise you'd have every hotel booked for your entire trip - and who wants that).<BR><BR>ignore the cretins who don't even have the balls to post with their own name or a regular moniker. <BR><BR>and we all know, anyone who is able to pick up and take off on their own for a few months (overseas no less) must have plenty of friends &amp; be well able to make more. those who prefer to cower under the anon/xxx cover are likely just projecting their own sorry state on to you. <BR><BR>ignore 'em. and keep the posts and emails coming and send pictures too!<BR><BR>

Paule Jan 21st, 2003 09:47 AM

I have no help here, but please ignore the sullen little folk who have to criticize everything anyone does! If you don't want to read Mina's post, doesn't it HELP to have her name in the title? That way you don't have to waste your precious time!<BR><BR>And if this isn't a place for someone to come to for spontaneous help, then where SHOULD she go? <BR><BR>Get a life, folks! Mina's life seems pretty good to me!

Pat Jan 21st, 2003 10:06 AM

I agree Mina, keep your name on the posts. Right now you are doing what most of us dream of doing, so post here when you can. <BR>If this isn't a site to help people in travel, what is it? IMHO it is even better to help people while they are ON their trip, then when they are just planning it!<BR>But, alas, I can't help with your present question, Mina.

Art Jan 21st, 2003 11:11 AM

Good to hear from you Mina. Glad you are having a good time. Look forward to seeing you at our So Cal GTG in March.<BR>

Vicky Jan 21st, 2003 12:38 PM

I enjoy your posts -like reading a book written in the first person. As someone who would love to'wander' in Europe but can't leave my cats for too long, I'd love to hear about your adventures, especially how you meet people. I'm usually making a mad dash cause I Only have a few days. Also, as a 'planner' I'd like to hear how 'winging it' works out. Mina, enjoy Munich - I was just there in Dec and in March 2002 (a good base for taking the train to smaller towns). Have a beer for me in the Hofbrauhaus.

Tom Jan 21st, 2003 12:51 PM

Mina is following in the footsteps of what Beth Anderson used to always do, put her name on her post title, although Mina does not seem near as self centered as Beth (flygirl) was in her posts.