Hey!What happened to my post?

Jul 15th, 2001, 01:27 PM
beth

Hey!What happened to my post?

I asked for info and experiences with Hotel Parc Saint Severin in Paris, in the 5th. One person graciously answered me but now my question seems to have vanished. Please help if you have stayed here, especially if you can compare it to Hotel des Grandes Ecoles for location, amenities, value. Thanks!

Jul 15th, 2001, 01:32 PM
Ursula

beth hi! It was me who answered, at least I think. We visited the hotel recently. But cannot compare with Hotel des Grandes Ecoles.
Do not have the website of Parc St. SÚverin right at hand, but I think you will find it with:
www.esprit-de-france.com

click the field "hotel" and all the places all show up. I definitely think the Parc St. SÚverin is a nice place.
Like the others with Esprit de France too.

Jul 15th, 2001, 01:37 PM
Kavey

Beth

Your question might not have vanished so much as sunk!

This forum has such a high volume of traffic that sometimes posts sink before many people have responded, just because other posts are so busy that they keep getting topped.

You can always do a search and find your original posts if you make sure they have a memorable post title or something unique for you to search by.

I hope you don't take this as patronising, it isn't intended that way.

Kavey

Jul 15th, 2001, 01:49 PM
beth

Kavey and Ursula, thanks for the info. on Hotel Parc Saint Severin and my sinking post. I didn't think you were at all patronizing, Kavey, merely helpful. I also have troulble with the search function-sometimes it works and usually nothing happens. Any advice? Back to Hotel Parc Saint Severin, has anyone else had any experience with it? Thanks to all.

Jul 15th, 2001, 01:57 PM
Ursula

beth: I am back again. I told you the PSS has been under heavy renovation. The place really looked fresh and new. So, it's likely that is has been closed for a while and nobody has been staying there recently.
Just checked the map for the des Ecoles. It's on Rue Cardinal Lemoine, close to the Institut du Monde Arabe (fabulous museum, a must!). For location, PSS is definitely more central for everything and as a told you, on a very nice quiet street opposite Eglise St. SÚverin. I don't know when you intend to go to Paris, but I wouldn't wait too long with your booking, in Sept./Oct. will be the fashion weeks, and these people know everything about good values (both places are small). You might have to start another search, because the des Ecoles seems to be listed in most travel guide books as well.
Good luck with your booking.

... and this post will sink quickly, too, if nobody else is able to answer.

Jul 15th, 2001, 01:59 PM
Sheila

Whilst Kavey and Ursula were being helpful I too was trying to find your post. I failed. I did however get so fed up with the search function after 20 minutes that I do not guarantee it's not lurking there somewhere.

However I DID find lots of posting about your hote. Try searching "Severin" under "France" and see what you can see.

Interesting, isn't it, that had I found it, I was alos being concerned as to how I told you how to check its sinling status without giving offence. I think we mat be beating up on each other a little too muc these days

Jul 15th, 2001, 03:00 PM
Rex

Bringing this - - and your original post (found it with no difficulty, searching simply on Severin) - - back up to the top.

Best wishes,

Rex

Jul 15th, 2001, 03:29 PM
beth

Ursula, Sheila, Rex,
Thanks for your help with my hotel and thank you Rex for unsinking my original post. I guess it's like visiting Paris:if you expect people to be rude and condescending you'll find they are. If you're expecting them to be sincere and helpful, you'll find that instead. My search function is suddenly functioning again, so I did get some past info. on this hotel. Has anyone stayed there this summer?
With appreciation,
beth