Reload this Page >

Heritage Pass for Great Britian

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10th, 2001, 01:38 PM
B.Burke

Is it worthwhile to buy the Heritage Pass for sightseeing in London, Canterbury, Stratford-upon-Avon, Bath, Plymouth, and Salisbury? Cannot locate listing of the "600 places covered by pass except for Tower of London and Westminister.

Old Oct 10th, 2001, 02:20 PM
KT

The British Tourist Authority has a list of the properties at http://www.visitbritain.com/uk/activities/wtd_4_2_2.htm.

Old Oct 10th, 2001, 04:23 PM
Joanne

KT has posted the site I used. You can make it much more user-friendly by cutting and pasting the regions you're actually going to visit, and making it a vertical list rather than horizontal (by replacing the asterisks with a hard return). At the Tower of London, holders of the GB Heritage Pass must still pay half-price! <BR> <BR>You must decide for yourself whether this is your best choice economically. We decided to get a one-week London Pass (bought in London, without the extra transport card component) and to pay for attractions separately for our week in Stratford, Bath, and Salisbury; this worked out better for us, but perhaps that was because we were a family with two kids. You should list all the places you really want to go, and their cost, and then decide which pass is best for you.

Old Oct 11th, 2001, 12:45 PM
janis

The Heritage Pass is less useful for London than for the other places you are going. The Tower (1/2 price w/ the Pass), Tower Bridge, Hampton Court Palace, Kensington Palace and a few others are the most likely properties you would visit on a short trip. <BR> <BR>But all of the Shakespeare properties in Stratford -- four in the town and two in outlying villages -- Warwick Castle, The Roman Baths, Stonehenge and several castles/gardens near Canterbury are covered. So how long you are in each area will determine how good a buy it is. I just returned from 3 wks in the Cotswolds, London and Paris. I had 15 day Pass and used it for Stratford, Warwick, Blenheim, Bath, Avebury, Stonehenge, Hampton Court, Windsor and several other places. My $79 Pass resulted in £86.50 (approx $144) worth of admissions. And we weren't sightseeing every day since we visited friends. As you can see -- the HP can be a huge bargain.

Old Oct 11th, 2001, 07:05 PM
Kathy

My family of four used the 7-day Heritage Pass this summer. It was a true bargin for us because of the unlimited train travel benefit. We landed in Manchester, used the Pass to travel to Leeds, from Leeds to York and back to Leeds, from Leeds to Bath and back to Leeds, and finally from Leeds to London. Those individual train trips would have been much more expensive than was the Pass. We also used it for admission into some of the sights. If you go to a site that is not listed as discounted or free, ask at the admission gate. Sometimes they will take it anyway. We had a fabulous 10 days in England! Hope you enjoy your stay.