Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Here is a link for people who want to learn a little (very) basic French for their trip.

Here is a link for people who want to learn a little (very) basic French for their trip.

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 04:58 PM
Quinty

Below is the link. Click on the French prhrase and it will pronounce it for you. Really basic, but certainly better than nothing!<BR>

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 05:00 PM
Quinty

Really far below (as in - I forgot to put it in the first message)!<BR><BR>http://www.bonjour.com/France/Paris/transfer.shtml

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 05:40 PM
Karen

Here is another site- I have been using it to learn a few french words...<BR>it has other languages as well...<BR><BR>http://www.travlang.com/languages/

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 06:05 PM
kevin

Alls I got from the site Karen gives is POPUPS out the ying yang.

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 06:35 PM
x

That site Karen gave gets an award for the most advertisements ever!!<BR>Amazing!<BR>Think it'd be pretty neat if pop up killer could handle it all.

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 06:38 PM
Andy

No need to follow a link - all one has to do is click on the 'Resources' button on the index banner at the top of this Fodors page to be taken to their language lab where you can choose from french, german, spanish or italian. Apparently few readers know it's there -- very basic but a good start, maybe all you'll need to get by.

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 07:15 PM
jill

Quinty, you are a hoot<BR><BR>I use babelfish, best way to get a quick and mostly accurate translation.

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 08:20 PM
Karen

Wow! You guys couldn't get through the first title page?? And I thought I was bad for asking about the tube....<BR><BR>Andy I will check it out! thanks!<BR><BR>PS: the link I posted actually teaches you how to say travel phrases- not a translation page.