Reload this Page >

Here are a few well priced/good restaurants in Dublin

Old Jul 14th, 2004, 05:21 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Folks,

Just an article in a LocalPaper today about well priced good restaurants in Dublin. The list as follows has some that a few of us have reccommended previously:

THE PURTY KITCHEN - Dun Laoghaire Phone 01-284-3576
Casual pub surroundings and seafood is a specialty. I have eaten here many times over the years and the food is good.

CANAL BANK CAFE - Upper Leeson Street
Phone 01-664-2135
From Omelettes to Sandwiches

GRUEL - DAme Street Phone - 01-670-7119
Grunge Chic settign (MIsmatched chairs etc)wholesome food in a relaxed atmosphere. This has gotten consistently good reviews all year. They serve lunch and dinner. Beef hotpot is reccommended by the article. I have not eaten here yet but plan to ASAP.

BIJOU BISTRO - Rathgar 01-4911410
French/Med neighborhood restaurant Relaxed atmosphere16.25 for 2 courses. I have not eaten here, its not in the city centre sounds worth a try.

CAFE,BAR,DELI - S. Great Georges St Phone - 01-677-1646
I have mentioned previously aswellas Cailin. Pzza, Pasta med style food. All pasta dishes are 10.50 and huge. Food is fresh and delicious. No reservations taken.

RISTORANTE DA PINO - Parliament Street, Phone 01-671-9308
Fun/Lively place Pizza, Pasta and a Paella dish for 2 with bottle of wine 18.00.

ANTICA VENEZIA - Ranelagh (On the new Luas tram line) Phone 01-497-4112.
WGood choice menu states the article wine by the galss or carafe. I have not been here but will attemt to get there soon!

YAMAMORI NOODLES - S. Great Georges Street Phone 01-475-5001. Asian food a good place for veggies as well. Lively at the weekends. I have been many times but I would prefer Wagamamma on St Stephens Green.

FXB Steak and Seafood retaurant Monkstown -
Phone 01-284-6187
Incentive Menu Mon-Thurs starter, main and tea or coffee from 18-23 euro
I ate here recently, it was nice but I would not out of the city to just eat here. There is another FXB on Pembroke Street closer to worn.

CHAPTER ONE, Parnell Square Phone 01-873-2266
Tues-Sat 6-7pm 3 courses plus tea/coffee for 29.50. Michelan star meal at the price. Never a bad review of this place go for it!

Hope this helps it was from a paper today!
Old Jul 14th, 2004, 06:03 AM

I have to share two frustrations about Cafe Bar Deli - they have waaay too much cheese on their pizzas AND the plates they put their (uncut) pizzas on are about an inch smaller than the pizza! Grrr....just one of those things that annoys me :-<
Old Jul 14th, 2004, 06:15 AM

Their Roast Vegetable Couscous is to die for though!!
Old Jul 14th, 2004, 06:15 AM
Original Poster

I always liked their pizza because it was not overrun with cheese...different nights I would say . Yeah the plate is slightly smaller. They also changed the menu last year and took off the best goats cheese salad. The gorgonzola pasta is my favourite and the oven roasted plum tomoatoes with mozzerella to start is another good one.

ANother good one I hate to add because I want no one to know it is Bar Italia on the Quays across from the millenium Nridge. Closest to Italy I have eaten in Dublin. Prices are excellent. 4 people starters, mains and coffee with 1 bottle and 1 glass of wine...110 euro. Past was DENTE...never had it so nice in Dublin.

In the courtyard across from this is enoteca della langhe (SP) that sells wine by the galss or bottle. Very reasonable good italian wines. Great spot on weekend nights as there is salsa or tango dancing in the courtyard.
Old Jul 14th, 2004, 06:16 AM
Original Poster

That's across from the millenium BRIDGE..spelling monster strikes again!
Old Jul 14th, 2004, 06:25 AM

Was Baan Thai on the list?
Old Jul 14th, 2004, 06:35 AM
Original Poster

Nope but its not a best of list just a good value for money. There are too many good Thai places for them I feel to single one out.

Either of you eat at the Millenium Chinese ever? I thinks its across from the Stephens green shopping centre. I am looking for "real" chinese food not curry chicken with chips. I gave up years ago in Dublin trying to find one. I was going to try the one in Moore street.
Old Jul 14th, 2004, 07:01 AM

Is that the one beside the Gaiety? I've considered it a few times but never actually eaten there. I know it opens late so would be handy for after theatre eating. Must try it sometime. For chinese I really like the China Sichuan restaurant in Stillorgan and Furama in Donnybrook. I used to go to Kites in Ballsbridge occasionally and it was very good, but I haven't been in years. Friends were there a week or so ago and they said it was very stodgy though.
Old Jul 14th, 2004, 07:10 AM
Original Poster

I won't pay for Kites and Furama. Its just not worth what they charge and I even worked in Furama many years ago! The food is very good though.

I am talking like the food you get in Chinatown in NY, Cheap and tasty and the same as what you would have in China...No Chips! My Chinese friend told me she had Dim Sum at the Millenium restaurant and I think it is next to the Gaiety. The Moore street one is meant to be good but I don't eat fish and I am unsure if it is a "set" menu i.e. you get what they have that day.