Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

HELPPP, can you tell me about innsbruck?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 04:23 PM
Gloria

My husband is actually is in charge of our vication and told me we will be going to innsbruck, Austria. I am afriad I donot know much about it so what can i expect? How will it be the 2nd week of JAnuary? Our trip was supposed to be northern italy and Vienna.

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 04:47 PM
xxx

Is it supposed to be a ski trip? If not, you better ask him who is his mistress there.<BR>

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 04:55 PM
cappy

We went to Innsbruck in late January once; all I can say is, pack warm clothes! Polar fleece is great. There are some museums and shops, a cable car up the mountain, and a few other things. In winter, Innsbruck is good for recharging before/after going to other places. All in all, I'd go back in winter.

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 05:44 PM
GloriaSteinem

Your husband is "in charge" of the vacation? How sick is that, Gloria? Is it HIS vacation? If so, let him go alone. If not, get with the program and step in and get involved. This is 2002, Gloria, not the early 19th century.<BR><BR>What do you mean by "Our trip was supposed to be northern Italy and Vienna"? Did he change the itinerary on you? Were you originally involved in the planning, but now you're not? <BR><BR>Whatever...get a grip or get a new husband. Anyone who has to post a HELPPP message here because her spouse is taking her to someplace without telling her anything about it in advance is in deep trouble. If you can't even plan vacations together, you need serious counseling.<BR><BR>As an aside, I skied in Insbruck one winter and thought it was fabulous - very expensive (your husband sounds like the expensive, controlling type, by the way) - but great powder and plenty of apr&egrave;s-ski action in the town. There are great shops and plenty to do if you've got a nice bankroll.

Old Oct 6th, 2002, 02:01 PM
Gloria

GloriaSteinem- My husband is not the controlling type at all. We have a deal where he chooses one year and i choose the next year. Last year I choose Egypt and Kenya and this year he choose northern Italy and Vienna. He added insbruck last minute so i just wanted to know how it is, that is all.

Old Oct 6th, 2002, 02:13 PM
dude

go gloria steinum hope you learned a valuable lesson about shooting you mouth off before having all the facts. go take a trank girl or is it that time on month??